Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative KJO reports

Guys and gals,

I have searched far and wide for a negative report on Keith Johns (KJO) and have not been able to find a single one. Not a bad hunt, haven't even been able to find a minor hiccup (other than mother nature flexing for us). To me that is truly amazing. With as many of us TBH'ers out there that have hunted with him and not one person has had a sub par experience. Goes to say a lot for the outfit!!

I had received an I.O.U. for two exotic hunts for Christmas and after scouring the "Rate the Day Lease" section for several weeks decided to give Keith a call based upon all the feedback I have read here. I am very glad that I did. Keith seems to be a very genuine guy that wants his hunters to have a good time and I have no doubt that he will put me on some animals. It will be up to me to put the arrow where it counts. My plans are to follow his lead/guidance and see what happens.

Anyone that's been there have any advice that they would like impart on a KJO first timer??

Chris

Good luck on your hunt and please post a hunt report when you get back.

Comment

When you headed down there? I am going in March (13-15). Really looking forward to it.

Comment

You will NOT be dissapointed!

He and his son Wade will show you a great hunt and hospitality!

He does have a tripod by the creek that a lot of folks seem to like.

Goo dluck and keep us posted on how it works out!

Comment

I'll be there March 5th, 6th and 7th. I'm extremely excited. Not sure how many times I have packed and repacked or the number of times I have replayed the shot in my head.

Does he do any hunting at night for hogs? Just wondering if a hawglite would be part of the essential gear.

Comment

You'll have a great time. I've been down there 7 to 10 times and always leave better off then when I came. Keith is a great guy & so is his son Wade.

The only advice I can give you is, put it in the boiler room & don't let Wade tie in your peep.

Comment

Originally posted by luckie View Post
              The only advice I can give you is, put it in the boiler room & don't let Wade tie in your peep.
              Is there a funny story behind tying in the peep that I should ask him about?

Comment

Oh just bustin his chops. Wade put animals in cooler like no other & I tie in peeps.

Comment

Looking forward to stories and LDP's!!!

I also have been to KJO several times and have NEVER had a bad time. LIke you mentioned in your original post....... we can't control mother nature. And even when she showed her power, Keith and Wade went out of there way to get folks on critters.

IMO you won't find an outfit that works for you like they do.

Comment

i havent met wade but Keith is in a class of his own..... he has the best job in the world. sits around a campfire everyday, and it is still just that to him you will fill like your hunting with old friends with keith. great operation, great guy, great view on what hunting really is.... my little cousin(11yrs) still raves about how my fun he had with Keith..

cant say enough

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                      Does he do any hunting at night for hogs? Just wondering if a hawglite would be part of the essential gear.

He provided lights for our group

Comment

Alright, one week from tomorrow the adventure begins! I am so excited right now. I can't imagine what I'm going to be like the first part of next week. I may not be able to stand myself.

Comment

Make sure you post an update. I am going to be there March 13-15th. My anticipation is very high and I too cannot imagine how crazy I will be the week leading up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
                            Make sure you post an update. I am going to be there March 13-15th. My anticipation is very high and I too cannot imagine how crazy I will be the week leading up to it.
                            You better settle down a little bit before you hyper ventilate!

Comment

you folks are in for a great hunt and a great time at camp.

Looking forward to LDP's

Comment

Working...
                              X