No announcement yet.

Irvin Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunted there several years ago. Wife killed her 1st and I killed an 8 point and a doe. Mainly a tough hunt. But a real hunt. And Larry Irvin is one fine fella.

Comment

Just got back from a 3 day hunt at Larrys. Its was a great hunt lots of
      fun in the stands and around the camp house. Our group killed 3 deer two does and a buck. We saw some really nice deer the weather was great but the deer just was not hitting the feeders there is still enough green grass and other things for them to eat without hitting the feeder that hard.
      Larry is top rate and a first class guide he treats everone the same and
      you draw for a stand before each hunt so you hunt a differnt stand each hunt. We are going back in december.

Comment

I also had a great time at Larry's last weekend. Saw some good deer coming into his place and when going to the stands in the morning, but the rut is in full swing and the deer were not hitting the feeders yet. The hunting was hard, but I did see deer at all five settings during my hunt...still questioning myself why I passed on a big doe the first morning; I guess it had to do with all of the big bucks I saw chasing does on the way to the stand, so I was hoping that a big boy was behind her. Well, it was not to be, but I took a nice doe on the last afternoon. My group had a good time and we are heading back in December. Hopefully by then, the feeders will be the only thing for them to eat.

Comment

Outstanding fella's. Glad ya'll had a good time. Larry is a top rate gentleman that's for sure. It's real huntin' up there. But hunts shouldn't always be judged by whats hangin on the meatpole...

Comment

just got a call from there today.they had one person cancel on dec.16, so there is one opening. i wont be able to make it.

Comment

Working...
            X