Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Diamond "C" Ranch (long read but worth it!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond "C" Ranch (long read but worth it!)

wow is all i can say , the cabin was nice Skylar and his wife are great people and they have no shortage of nice animals!!! We arrived saturday about noon and met Skylars wife, shortly followed by him. We got setteled in and he took us for a tour around the ranch and we saw several hogs and some nice ram. We then went to a neighboring property of his to check some traps. The first two were empty but when we rounded the corner to the third there was a BIG BOAR! he hit the trap hard enough to spring open the door and the hog came charging out What a RUSH!! We got back to camp and then headed out for an evening hunt. No more than 5 min after we got in the stand a fallow doe and small buck walked in and stayed for about 10 min... followed by 8 hogs. The feeder went off and a group of 15 ram and 2 hogs came in.. he has some BIG ram! one of the hogs stepped away at 21 yards and i SMOKED HIM!! I called Skylar and he came by to get us and brought along a great tracking dog( you will hear about him again ) he ran 30 yards and piled up. after loading him up we were on the way back to camp and a hog ran across the road. Skylar let the dog go and handed me a KNIFE and simply told me" go stick him" We chased the hog and dog through the mesquites and finally closed the distance. I grabbed the hog by the back legs and delt him 2 fatal blows with the knife!! . After that rush we headed to camp for some sleep. In the stand the next morning a group of about 18 hogs came in and i missed one Oh well we still had time! We went out to stalk and got close to several groups of them and one group of OVER 30! And WOW does Skylar have some monster boars out there! we kept stalking and came across another large group but the brush was too thick so we headed in and cleaned up. Overall we had an amazing hunt. Skylar is a great guy and he runs a great operation we will absolutely be back for more! if yall want to see some big hogs and ram go check out the diamond c at texasbowhunt.com !!

Sounds like you had a GREAT TIME! CONGRATS!

Comment

If you don't mind me asking.
      How much did that set you back for this booking?

Comment

pm sent

Comment

I had a great time with you and your Grandpa.. You guys are welcome back anytime. Thank You.

Comment

WoW that sounded like you had a blast congrast.

Comment

Excellent!
              I've got a ram hunt set up for March. I can't WAIT for it come around.

BTW, Skylar, you've got a PM or two from me...

Comment

I am going to see Skylar at the Diamond C the weekend of the 21st-22nd of Feb for 5 days not long to wait now. It looks like its going to be fun.

I will be bringing a Bowtech though Skylar not a Mathews or one of the other less accurate bows say PSE, Hoyt etc so dont worry about misses. You should get one.

Nice write up report and pics.
                Last edited by Gar73; 01-26-2009, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Congrats on the pork! Gar73 let us know how your hunt goes in Feb. Good luck!

Comment

Hey guys,

I am travelling to hunt at Diamond C with Gar73. We are looking forward to shooting a few hogs and maybe a sheep or two!

It sure sounds as though you had a good time and that there is a good selection of animals there. I would certainly be up for sticking one if possible .

Anyway we will keep you informed of how we get on!

Comment

Good job on the hogs! Sounds like a really good time.

How big is the Diamond C ranch?

Comment

Sounds like a good time! I have hunts planned for the last weekend in Feb. & first weekend in March I SMELL PORKCHOPS!
                        What stands did y'all hunt? I love shooting hogs! Congrats on the hogs!

Comment

we hunted two of the double chair ones that have camo netting and cedar limbs on it

Comment

Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post
                            Congrats on the pork! Gar73 let us know how your hunt goes in Feb. Good luck!
                            Will do, its gonna be fun.

Comment

Sounds like a great time!!!! Congrats. Not too sure I would run down a hog and stick it with a knife though, LOL. You da man!!

Comment

Working...
                              X