Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

New First Point Kill Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New First Point Kill Rules

I got my First Point letter in today about the upcoming season and according to the letter, the kill rules for 2009/10 will be
    1 WT Buck 3½ years old or older
    1 WT Doe
    1 hog per day
    1 Turkey
    1 Javelina with pre-purchased tag for $150

With all the complaints about FP being overpopulated with does and not being able to shoot them for meat, etc., I think this may be what some people were begging for. It did not mention any extra money for the does and just stated one doe per hunt along with the 3½ buck.

that is great news. Havent been there, but didnt really like to policy. Hopefully this coming yr I will get a chance to go and see the place.

Comment

While there this year they wanted the does to have dark hocks. This would show that the doew was ready to breed and had weaned her young. The letter mentions that she must have weaned her young.

Comment

We will hopefully be there opening weekend this year.

Comment

Is there a place to stay on the ranch? Been thinking about going on the hog/javelina hunt to check it out. What are my chances at seeing pigs and javis?

Comment

Originally posted by AggieBowHunter09 View Post
            Is there a place to stay on the ranch? Been thinking about going on the hog/javelina hunt to check it out. What are my chances at seeing pigs and javis?
            They have 2 mobil homesto stay in. Your chances on seeing pigs and Javis are very good.

Comment

Thanks killem all. So its probably worth it for a few of us to make a trip then?

Comment

Originally posted by AggieBowHunter09 View Post
                Thanks killem all. So its probably worth it for a few of us to make a trip then?
                Yes

Comment

If you get to choose your pasture, I didn't see a hog or Javi in 3. I didn't get any reports on the other pastures when I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by jc207 View Post
                    If you get to choose your pasture, I didn't see a hog or Javi in 3. I didn't get any reports on the other pastures when I was there.
                    The first time I was there I hunted 4 and didn't see anything but deer but my friend that hunted about 500 yards away saw bunches of pigs.

I hunted 13 and the same thing, lots of deer but nothing else... 'cept rabbits.

Comment

I heard they were not going to do any more hog/javalina hunts. Just hunt them during deer season. They will have to limit the number of does they kill or they will be all shot. We will see but I can't believe they will let every hunter harvest a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                        I heard they were not going to do any more hog/javalina hunts. Just hunt them during deer season. They will have to limit the number of does they kill or they will be all shot. We will see but I can't believe they will let every hunter harvest a doe.
                        That is correct on the hog and javi hunts. As far as the harvesting of does not everyone is going to want to take one. I will not be shooting a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
                          That is correct on the hog and javi hunts. As far as the harvesting of does not everyone is going to want to take one. I will not be shooting a doe.
                          I usually kill a couple of does every year for meat. I wouldn't shoot early but if I was on my last morning and about time to leave, I would take a doe out. I wouldn't waste a hunt to FP to kill a doe though.

Comment

Did they drop the age on bucks? I thought in the past they had to be 4 1/2?

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                              Did they drop the age on bucks? I thought in the past they had to be 4 1/2?
                              I've been going for three years and it was always 3.5 years minimum since then.

Comment

Working...
                              X