X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt-n-Shoot

Going to Hunt-N-Shoot , any tips

Sit still & shoot straight!

If you don't kill a pig at Hunt-n-shoot, it's cause you didn't want to!

Comment

I met with Brian today , he has alot of hogs on the property right now, be ready at 7 when the feeders go off and dont be afraid to spend a little time stalking the corners ............. thats all I will say.

Comment

It depends on what your going for........you doing Hogs or Exotics?

Comment

Going for hogs.

Comment

Thanks hcshooter. Will do!!!

Comment

Sarah and I went last June and we had a BLAST! The hogs won't move they will let you walk right past them if you dont stop. When you see them walk past a ways before turning around draw

Comment

Check out these pics where Sarah is putting a stalk on a pig with a Texas Doll in the background!

Comment

Cool pics! We just got back had an awesome time probably going back in March. As soon as I figure out how I will post pics that we took.Thanks guys!!!! It is a great place to go.

Comment

Shoot to Kill
                    Don't Kill the Fords

Comment

The keys to huntnshoot are making your sots count. stay on feeders at least an hour to give the hogs a chance to move feeder to feeder. a rile of the thumb dont chase the hogs if you chase them you will have a long and exhausting day. if you jump a group and cannot make a shot stop let them calm down they will usually calm down again but if you chase them it could be a long day ive spent over 800 days in there and i know the place well. also take a good pair of biniocs at least 7 power check all the downed tops and the high grass by the pond ive seen hunters walk by there to say there was no hogs but within a few mintutes of me taking them by the ponds i got them shot oppurtunities caiuse they didnt know what they were looking for. i was just in there today playing around with Brian and the marusder he has at least 50 hogs on each side then some big hogs on the trophy section. a lot more cover since the hurricaineand can make for some great stalking oppurtunities

Comment

I have been there once and plan on going again in Feb. It is a blast! The only thing I can tell you is stalk slow and look hard in the blow downs! There is a little pond on the place where there are always hogs. If they are not there, they are very close by. Good luck. Brian and Howie are great people!

Comment

there are actuaklly 3 hunting areas the old the new and the trophy area the old is more open but has some good blow downs sunce ike the new is pretty thick and can be tougher to hunt but there are several good bedding areas that you can sit up on, and when people are stalking they will run right by you i havent seen the trophy area so im not sure what is in there buti was on my way to my lease and i stopped by to visit me and Brian usually have some sort of contest from nock busting to shooting the smallest pig kind of fun stuff we walked in and we jumped several groups of hogs and could have easily got our fill within 15 minutes we deded to each get on a feeder for fun i sat on number 2 which is by a little pond i had 4 groups of hogs come into and feed i was pestering them with the green led on the marauder never shot anything. i put my bow down and stalked to within 12 yards of a group at feeder 3 crawled and when i got to that point raides up and pretended to shoot one. so if you watch your wind use the cover to your advantage and dont chase them you can get your bacon

Comment

Working...
                          X