Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hunting Hogs with no Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Hogs with no Moon

Hey Guys,
    I am going to a Ranch at the end of this month and wondering if anybody can give me advise on how to hunt hogs at night without the moon. The hogs don't like blue light or red light, is there any other way????
    Thanks for your help!!!

Obviously someone has tried red and blue light and it spooked the pigs. My question to you is did they have the light pointed right at them when they turned it on and were they in a elevated stand or on the ground? I have hunted pigs at night a lot and the only time I have had pigs spook at red light is when I was on the ground. Pig actually don't see red light but they can see the source of the light and that can spook them especially when your at ground level or if you have any brush in between you and pigs that makes the light source appear and disapear. Always turn the light on when aimed high and then slowly lower the light on the pigs. I have no Idea how you would hunt pigs at night without a moon and no artificial light. Have you tried feeder lights that stay on all night?

Comment

Use a thermo imaging scope.... Tey cost about $3500.00

Comment

Thanks, I don't think I will by thermo imaging scope for 3500$ but I like the idea of to point the light in the shy and slowly lower the light.
        Thank you guys!!!

Comment

Working...
        X