Chambers bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chambers bowhunting

booked a hunt there on Feb 20-22nd anyone been, or anyone going there before that. Im going to the ranch in Sabinal

use to live in Hondo. Hunted there once. FYI take a Double Bull if you have one. He wont let you spot and stalk. Saw alot of animals but very few came to stands. They feed the entire ranch with corn and the animals stay just out of range. I would set a DB after you get an idea of the animal movements. Good luck

Comment

i have a different aspect on the stands i had no problem at all in the stands just make sure u brushed in really well.. u will see tons of animals. good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by diamondrules View Post
        i have a different aspect on the stands i had no problem at all in the stands just make sure u brushed in really well.. u will see tons of animals. good luck.
        This has been my experience as well. Sometimes you don't even need a stand, just find some brush or build you a brush blind and you are good to go.
        Jeff Young

Comment

I hunted there last year in march for hogs. Saw lots of hogs but not too many exotics. Try and hunt off the roads that are adjacent to the ponds. Most of the animals I saw came to water first then fed on the roads. We had lots of shooting opportunities and could've tagged out on the first evening. I passed on the first groups and took a 200lber befpre dark. I would recommend a short tripod in the brush or one of their preset stands. Morning hunts were slow since they only ran an evening feed route. Good luck.

Comment

Im headed down there this weekend. The 30-1st. Ill let you know the details.

Comment

Good luck thedosranchhand on your hunt. Let us know how your hunt goes and pics too!

Comment

Originally posted by thedosranchhand View Post
                Im headed down there this weekend. The 30-1st. Ill let you know the details.
                how was your hunt?

Comment

We hunted there year before last in April and they would not let us shoot any Axis because they were in velvet. Saw tons of them but they were all in velvet. Never saw any other exotics while we were there. Some of the other hunters saw some Fallow but not us. For hogs try and hunt in the front pasture by the pond.

Comment

the hunt

Dont have time to write an entire story so I'll just show the pics.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good looking hog.....Nice tusks! Congrats!

Comment

Nice hog, did you see many exotics?

Comment

Nice hog, nice tusk.

Comment

Saw tons of exotics, the only breed that I did not see were the sika. Had a 29/30 inch axis at 22 yards but couldnt pull the trigger because he was in velvat. Saw some real nice auadad and fallow, just never got the shot. Great place and great people.

Comment

where all the axis in velvet?

Comment

Working...
                              X