Need some advice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice....

I am really new to bow hunting and killed my first deer this year(with a bow). I have never paid to hunt in my 28 years of hunting but am seriously considering going on a hog/ram or hog/exotic hunt this spring. Which place would you suggest as a first experience? I want a place where I will see plenty of game and possibly get a shot opportunity or two. A place where the owner or person running the place is open to suggesting ideas to me. A place where I can improve my bow hunting skills and learn something. I have read allot of positive and negative reviews on here about KJO, Boazman's, and others. Give me some of your insight.

I worked for Allen at the Dos Plumas ranch for just under a year, and he is one heck of a nice guy. He will teach your anything it is that you would like to know. Like most ranch owners, he has been doing it for awhile now and knows all of the tricks of the trade. Look him up at www.dosplumasranch.com

Comment

KJO..... great price on his rams, great folks, and will go out of his way to make sure you at least get a shot on your critter of choice. My wife is going for her first ram there in May. I have been there several times and he and his boy run a top notch outfit. The camp house is not the Hilton but that is in the works to get it rebuilt and added onto.

Give him a call.

Comment

I took my fiancee' to Boazmans this past November for her first hunt ever. Caleb was great explained things to her and put her on the animals. Natalies biggest problem was waiting, she had sheep, Aoudad, Whitetails, hogs, Black Buck, Sitka, Red Stag and Fallow in front of her sitting two evenings on stand.
        She managed to shoot a nice whitetail doe her second evening and took a very nice Aoudad her first evening and I sat with her when she did it! I will vote for Boazmans, tell Caleb what animal you are after and he will put you on them without a doubt. There are plenty of animals there and you will get your shot if you sit still and quiet. The quality of the rams was excellent and hogs are from football size up to walking 55 gal drums. I had shots at everything on that ranch except the Red Stag numerous times. I shot a nice Aoudad, beautiful Black Buck and 3 hogs and that was being selective to say the least. That was on my second trip to Boazmans and I have booked a week next fall for the two of us and will be looking at a March trip with my son. We travel from Illinois so when we book it is because we want to enjoy ourselves and have a good chance of success, Boazmans offers that for us.

Call Doug Boazman andd ask him alot of questions, ask him for Calebs phone number and he will give it to you. Ask alot of questions and whatever route you take enjoy yourself.

Comment

Hunts Bowhunting Ranch will get your heart pounding.Rickey Hunt is a great guy and there is trophy animals everywhere.You will really enjoy it

Comment

check out mesquite , good place for all that....

Comment

Working...
            X