No announcement yet.

First point in January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My father and I always booked 7+ days, so we decided to not get a spot and get on a lease where we could hunt the entire season instead of just 7+days.

Mike and Nancy are good people. But if they want to book early then that is their choice. I know that they ran a feed route in the morning for some guys from Easton arrows. They put out feed in the morning and only for them, and drove through other pastures to get to theirs. That is their choice also.

I have noticed that the majority of the bigger bucks are taken in the pastures that are next to the low fence ranch in the back. I personally have not had a chance to hunt those back there.

As for another S. Tex. ranch try the Lincoln Ranch. I've never hunted it, but I've heard good and bad, just like any other ranch.

Comment

Sorry for the double post. I hit enter and thought I lost everything. I re typed and thats the 2nd post.

Comment

Killem All

I Got Your Email I Will Be In Touch If Any One Backs Out.

Comment

Hillcohunter, you were griping about your late dates so much, I figured October may make you happier. I guess you arent going to be happy. Good luck to you when you do go. Also, I think they give everyone that books by phone a month to get their money in so try checking on Feb. 22nd. If folks book and dont have their money in by that day, those dates become open again. I think that is how it works anyway. That is why there isnt much red on the calendar on their web site. They dont totally rule out days until they have the money.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hillcohunter;111969] Just so you know on a feed road in Oct. you will not see a mature buck, my friend.

No one has ever seen or killed a mature buck on a feed road in south Texas in October ever? That is some good info to know. Thanks.

Comment

were their any bucks killed at first point this year?

Comment

I am sure some nice ones were taken. We hunted Rancho Creek from the first year till the last year, and it was nice because the rancher would let you see what was killed and when. It went a lot like this, October=maybe 1, November=about 4, December= about 8, Jan= maybe 2.
                The biggest buck was shot the 2nd. or 3rd. week of December every year.
                From people that have hunted both ranches, first point sounds a lot like Rancho in the last few years.

Comment

I think there are 4 new pictures from this year on the web site but I know there were some other bucks killed that aren't on there.

Comment

Take My Hunt

I have a four day hunt, for two people, scheduled with Mike Palmer at First Point Bowhunting in Sabinal, Texas. The dates are Nov 12th thru the 16th, that's four days at $140.00 per day, $560.00 per man. Half has allready been paid and the other is not due until you arrive in November. You pay me the $560.00 for the deposit, we change the contract over in your name and the rest is yours to deal with. This is a fantastic place to hunt and the only reason I am looking for two people to take the hunt is because I just got on a year round lease and can't afford both. My buddy and I saw several shooter bucks and had opportunities to take very nice 150-160 class bucks, but the stars didn't line up. Please call me "ONLY" if you are interested, DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL - I do not check this all the time.

My name is DeWayne and you can reach me at (713) 240-6833.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeeboy View Post
                      I just booked 7 days at First Point for next January and I'm kinda worried about hunting that late in the season. Will the bucks be really spooky or their racks busted up? Does it tend to "green up" down there late in the season and keep the deer off the corn? I'm coming down from Michigan , a long trip so any input would be appreciated.
                      what dates are you booked for? i will be there in Jan as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                        what dates are you booked for? i will be there in Jan as well.
                        We are going the 6th-10th, the red dates on their calendar. What days will you be there?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG D View Post
                          We are going the 6th-10th, the red dates on their calendar. What days will you be there?

we are there the 10th through the 13th. make sure and leave a few bucks for us.

Comment

HAHAAHHAHAHA, we probably wont hurt the population too badly. I will make sure and talk to you at the gate on our way out and give you any advice I can. Is this your first time there?

Comment

any tips would be appreciated. i haven't been to first point before but I will be going in november before my trip in jan.

did you go to Shiner High School? I went to Nixon Smiley and we used to play y'all in football.

Comment

Tips.......listen to Mike and be ready to hunt the smartest deer you have probably ever hunted. Just be as close to zero impact as you can be. Dont change anything that doesnt have to be changed as far as cutting brush and such. There are some really good deer on the place and chances are you will see one, shooting one is a different story.

No, I went to Hallettsville. My wife is from Shiner and we live there now.

Comment

Working...
                                X