Advise - Buffalo Mountain Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise - Buffalo Mountain Ranch

I'm thinking of booking a hunt at Buffalo Mountain Ranch has any of you avery been there and what did you think of it.

Is it the one on Hwy. 277 SW of Abilene? If so, it's a nice looking place, but I heard that the guy puts you in a specific area and people don't see much to shoot at. Very strict on what gets killed. I've driven by the place many, many times going out on jobs and going hunting. It's high fenced and has elk and buffalo as well as deer. I have yet to see a deer on the place from the highway. I look every time I drive by. Mr. Ledbetter is a decent guy to deal with. I've met him a couple times.

Comment

Not familiar with it but have you looked on "Rate the Day Lease" on this site or tried to google it for insight.

Comment

Thanks guys, yes I have looked at there web site thats why I was wondering cause the day rate is pretty cheap and not many photos of whitetails that have been killed. Didn't want to get burned the way I did before!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd look elsewhere. JMO. Something like BAO. I've never hunted on a day lease of any kind, but I personally wouldn't hunt on the Buffalo Mountain Ranch, unless it was free.

Comment

Ok thanks well not much on day leases either. I've lived in Houston for ten yrs and just reciecently moved back home to Louisiana. I was on a lease in Rocksprings but we lost it last year. I got hit for hurricane Ike and lost evrything in my house but guns, bows, and Harley. So I havent had the funds to get n another Texas lease yet. So I was look'n to try and be able to make a decent hunt before the season was over.

Comment

Good Place!!!

I know the ranch manager, he is very reputable and will help you if you ask. They have alot of deer on the ranch. Just last year they took off all the buffalo and elk, only very few remaining. I know of several nice bucks they have taken this year, the best one was around 140". Anyway, I would call Rick and get the info for yourself. As far as seeing something from the road it isn't likely, the place is 4400 acreas and has very little road frontage on 277, so the likely hood of seeing deer from the road is slim to none. I'm sure if you want references they would be glad to give them to you also.

Good Luck,
              J.Shoot

Comment

Looks alright, but Ive never been. If you do go, let us know how it was.

Comment

My F-I-L is headed there next week. He has booked a couple of hunts there every year for the last 3-4 years. He loves the place, and has just about decided that instead of finding a new lease, he will just spend a couple of weeks at Buffalo Mountain every year. I've seen some of the deer that have been taken this year, and they are pretty impressive. If you're thinking about booking, I don't think you could go wrong with this place. Good luck making your decision, and good luck where ever you go.

Comment

I saw a high 130s class that came off that ranch last week. The tag said R Worley. I bet he will sing the praises of Buffalo Mountain. I hunt within 5 minutes of the ranch and know that area can produce outstanding results, especially with the controlled enrironment and proper nutrition. If your book, don't forget to visit Coronados Camp, just down the road to the South. They have great food.

Comment

Working...
                    X