Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Ex-Texan Wanting Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex-Texan Wanting Advice

Hello All-

I am new to the forum, but not new to TX bowhunting [lived in Spring, TX for majority of my life and killed majority of my animals in TX]. However I live in Baton Rouge, LA now and was hoping to get some advice regarding good hog day leases for the springtime.

What would be the closest place to the LA/TX state line @ I-10 where 3-4 cajuns could have a good time and good opportunity at all shooting a hog. Low fence is preferred.

Thanks Guys!

Not from that side of town, so I can't help much there, but there are hogs in La. that need hunting too. Are you just looking for something new?

Hopefully someone from the East side will have some info.

Comment

If you are just looking to stick pigs, you might try Hunt N Shoot in Chester. They are about 12 miles out of Woodville or an hour and a half drive from the TX/LA border on IH10 at Orange. Just take IH10 to Beaumont, turn north on US 69/287 and then US 287 where it splits in Woodville.

Comment

Second nomination for Hunt-n-shoot.

If ya'll can't get a pig there, you should put your bow in the classifieds!

Comment

What about further?

What about these day-leases that advertise $80-125/day such as brushy hill or lincoln ranch and many others you could probably name? I realize they are a little further away, but are they worth the drive? Gas is no longer too much of an issue......for the time being. That place you advised looks nice, but I have some friends that wouldn't set foot inside a high-fenced set up.

I am kind of "on the fence" about the issue, as long as it is several thousand acres high fenced I have no issues.

Thanks all.

Comment

Lincoln is tough hunting for hogs, they are totally nocturnal in my opinion. Brushy hill has quite a few hogs, we had a good time there last year.

Comment

Most places that are just hog hunting will be fenced. Not all will be 8ft fences but they will be hog proof fences.

Comment

Working...
              X