Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

You get what you pay for, just a vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You get what you pay for, just a vent

So i got in touch with a gentleman from Georgetown who had some openings on a mule deer hunt on the famous Sproul ranch, blah, blah, blah. He had booked three spots with a outfitter named Ric Britton. IT was a section of the ranch for $2000 for 8 days with no kill fee right. Im thinking well he said there is chances at least a 150 class mule deer, so maybe i came across a once in a lifetime deal, lol not even close. We arrived at the ranch and met the guy that we had helped and took the abandoned spots from. Funny thing is he had the same stories as Ric Britton had told me, yet had only been here once before. After 12000 acres and 5 days we seen 5 deer one being a 110 class mulie that got shot the next day. By the way during the whole hunt the outfitter never came and introduced himself, huh i wonder why. The guy that we got the hunt from mysteriously loaded up the second day and left while we were hunting. So anyways we decided to leave a little early and go to the lease at Junction. So if you ever think of booking with Ric Britton of Britton Ranches beware. He didnt once call or check in or anything. We did manage between 5 of us to kill the little mulie and i killed a whitetail, oh yeah and chased some javis around. One upside tp the deal was the land owner Mr. Sproul came by very unhappy with the outfitter and offered us a free audad hunt in the summer. Not sure if we will Take that up. Anyways like i said you get what you pay for. Happy Hunting

You'd be crazy to not take him up on the aoudad hunt!
    If you and your friends don't want it, I'll go and take some of my friends!

Comment

Is this the same Ric that has chingles of mule deer listings every year in the SA paper?

Comment

I believe it is the one in the papers down there. Thats what i was told by another hunter when we got there. Oh well sometimes you just get burned. his website looks good but thats all bulls**t www.brittonranches.com

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
          X