Shiny Top Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shiny Top Ranch

I just got back from Shiny Top Ranch in Salado Texas. I didn't get a deer but saw a bunch just couldn't get close to one. This ranch is fairly new to day leaseing and has not been hunted a whole lot. I could have killed hundreds of hogs and got a Turkey with a 10" beard and 1" spurs. The camp is really neat and Doc and Gary really know how to tell a story. They also have a 50 acre spot and stak hog area that was really fun. This is not a 5 star resort so if you are looking for your own room keep looking. There is only one bunk house and is is just that so if you can handle that you will really enjoy yourself. They don't have their prices up on the website yet but Here is the site. www.shinytopranch.com

Looks like the ol shiny top has made some improvement. 6 of us hunted there 3 yrs ago and never saw an animal.. I mean nothing! Glad their operation is doing better. Like you said a great bunch of guys.

Comment

yeah I have been hunting hogs and turkey there for years and never saw alot of deer but the population has grown alot in the past couple of years. They have not had many deer hunt in a while so the deer are not overly cautious. I would give it another try.

Comment

Working...
      X