Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Keith Jonhs Outdoors Exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith Jonhs Outdoors Exotics

has anyone on here ever been hunting with Keith on his places for exotics? I found out about him on here and was wondering if it was a good hunt or not. pretty cheap and no kill fees. Thanks in advance

Yes look in the rate the day lease. Also someone just posted a hunt in the bowhunting reports

Comment

from what I have heard, it is top notch. Supposed to go there in May with a few TBHers.

Comment

Give him a call.... even if you don't harvest anything, you will have a great time!

Not that I think you would come home empty handed(he has a BUNCH of critters)

Comment

Thanks guys im ready to book a hunt now.

Comment

Originally posted by dccytclr View Post
            Thanks guys im ready to book a hunt now.
            Give him a shout. He fills up pretty fast. Here is the site:

Comment

I came home empty handed when I went. That was only because I couldn't shoot straight. Keith worked hard to be sure I had the chance at a shot. When it finally did come I choked and missed high. :-( Still had a great time and plan on going back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                I came home empty handed when I went. That was only because I couldn't shoot straight. Keith worked hard to be sure I had the chance at a shot. When it finally did come I choked and missed high. :-( Still had a great time and plan on going back soon.
                I dont care where I go, all I ask for is an oppurtunity. If I miss or decide not to shoot, thats on me.

Cant wait to go in May. I have heard lots of success stories about this place. I really want a black buck!

Comment

i really want a black buck as well or a nice big axis will do. I dont think there is anything prettier than a black buck. awesome looking animals.

Comment

When I was there we did see a big blackbuck in the field. I was only after does so it was off my shoot list but next time I go it will be very high on my want list.

Comment

how big is keiths place

Comment

My Trip to Keiths

I arrived at Keith 's about 2 on Thursday. I met Keith and Immediately liked him.Stowed my gear and we went for a ride and looked around the ranch on my first ride thru I saw rams and goats,black buck afew real nice ones. A little way further on I saw a herd of about 20 axis including 3 bucks that I was told were over 30 inch. I also saw some sika does and a red deer cow.
                        We went out about 5:30 and I set in a ground blind on the edge of the pasture a few black buck does came in and hung aroung for awhile.Later a young BB buck came in and didnt seem inclined to leave .
                        A couple hours later after the feeder went off the some rams filtered in and left.About an hour before dark some catalinas came in and a redheaded goat that I had picked for my self earlier gave me shot I couldn't pass up.
                        I took it and a couple seconds later he was down. I drug him away from the the feeder and and a few minutes later the small BB cam in and hung around till dark. I was picked up a little after dark and got my goat cleaned and put in the cooler. James and Wes had arived by this time. A couple beers some BS and dinner then off to bed.
                        Friday morning differant stand. Not much action a bunch of whitetails and some turkeys.
                        Friday afternoon Chris ,Doc and Casey came in,we all took a ride around the ranch and got ready for the nights hunt. Nothing was taken but everyone passed up shots.
                        Saturday morning James shot a nice ram and FORREST GOAT the retard four horned sheep goat. {Sorry James couldnt resist lol}.
                        Later that morning Casey and Chris both got nice rams and Doc got a Sika doe.
                        Saturday Night Wes got a good black ram and I was busted by a couple good boars.
                        Sunday morning no one got anything . After I made a breakfast of Scrapple and eggs [ It was met with mixed results] Everyone said their goodbyes and
                        later that night I took my boar.
                        This was my first Texas hunt and if it gets better than Keith Johns Ranch. I say prove it.Had an awesome time , the cabin was comfortable and everthing worked.
                        Keith and his son Wade are good people who know and love there work . If you dont have a goodtime here Id be real surprised.
                        Mike
                        jmm83164 on yahoo

Explore Mike’s 47 photos on Flickr!

That was last May Ill be going back last weekend in April

Comment

nice congrats.

Comment

I was just there this past weekend. You will have a great time and will have the chance to shoot something. Just give him a call and let him know what your after and he will let you know whens the best time to come or if he has the animals.

Comment

Do y'all know if keith will let you drink at camp?

Comment

Working...
                              X