Elm Creek ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elm Creek ??

Has anyone been here recently. I went opening weekend, but it was hot and slow.

I have been trying to book a hunt but Jacob is tough to get in touch with. I have hunted there several times and always have a great hunt.

Comment

I know they are expecting baby #2 any day so im sure he is very busy.

Comment

I heard he might not run hunts out there anymore. But my "source" wasn't positive.

Comment

Just so everyone knows Jacob is still taking hunters. I just talked to him this afternoon. He is hard to catch on his cell and by the way they had their second child about a two weeks ago. A healthy little girl.

Comment

Matthew I am going next week with two of my sons (Dec 10-14). There are also supposed to be a couple of other folks there as well.

Jacob told me last night that they have been seeing a lot of deer as there's not too much to eat for the deer (so they are hitting the corn). They've seen some big ones, but I don't think anyone has scored yet.

The facilities are not as good as some places, but Jacob is one of the nicest fellows I've ever met and this is a good place to hunt.

Unfortunately I had six come out at one of the best feeders last year as the light was getting just right. Walked right up to the feeder, but when I jumped up and yelled BORDER PATROL all six of the wetbacks headed out fast.

I'll try to get back on and post a report next week on the deer population.

Comment

Do they have a website?

Comment

Jacob is good people. Do they still have the sheep on the place?

Comment

anyone been lately?

Comment

Sorry, I just saw this. I went with my two grown sons and hunted with two other hunters the second week in December Great fellowship and great time. We took two doe and my youngest son got his first buck with a bow. As usual Jacob was one of the friendliest outfitters I've ever hunted with.

There are still sheep on the place, but we saw plenty of deer. In fact I think they really need to harvest a lot of spikes. My oldest son had a real nice 10 pt come in and feed at his stand, but could never get off a shot due to brush in the way. Since it was only his second bow hunt he was excited even without a shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X