Lincoln Ranch this weekend...11/21/2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln Ranch this weekend...11/21/2008

Anybody got any tips for the place? I've been told that we can get on the ranch at 11am Friday, they would supply a tripod stand and assign us to a pasture. Do they assign the pastures based on size of groups? There's only 3 of us in our group. Just curious about other folks' experience there. Thanks.

Sonny

try a search?

Comment

I have a group of 5 heading down this weekend also. They have tripods for free and pop-ups for $15 a day. You can pick a pasture. We have hunted there the last 3yrs. Pop-ups work best and brush them heavily!!! I will be in a white ford f-150 4x4. See ya
      Last edited by s.price; 11-17-2008, 07:56 PM.

Comment

can you bring your own pop-up?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_B View Post
          can you bring your own pop-up?
          I believe you can.

Comment

any luck on your hunt?

Comment

Let us know how ya did!

Comment

Weather was tough...and the hunting was tougher. I didn't see any deer on stand but saw a few going to and coming from the stand. No big boys. Just some does and one young 4-point. There were some sightings of some big bucks by others, however. One in my group nailed a nice mature slick head with his new bow, and I know of one other doe killed by someone in another group. The hogs were cleaning up our corn pretty much every evening. There was what was described as an "old eight" shot, but not recovered. Lots of blood found on the arrow 150 yards away, but no animal to be found. It's really a great place and I look forward to going back there again in the future. It is a great price for a good chance at some good deer. And I KNOW there are some good deer there...no doubt about it. Chris is a great guy and is very knowledgeable about the ranch. The rain really put a major damper on things this weekend, but I bet that place can be dynamite given the right conditions. All in all it was a good weekend.

Comment

thanks for the report

Comment

I'll be there 12/13 - 12/17. Wish me luck this year!

Comment

You will be there during prime time for that area. Hopefully you won't NEED the luck.

Comment

I'm hoping for good weather. It looks as if it will warm up a bit next week which might mean that a cool front will be due around the time that I start hunting. Fingers crossed!
                        Last edited by ruthunter; 12-01-2008, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I will be there 12/11 - 12/17 hope the weather cooperates with us. see you there ruthunter!

Comment

Tushhog, we'll look for you there!

Comment

Just pray it doesn't rain...it took me an hour to make it the 20 or so miles up the dirt road off of 59 the weekend I went. It was a freakin' mess.

Comment

Working...
                              X