No announcement yet.

Live from Brushy hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes they were long time hunter which make us all wonder how long it has gone on. Yes there was some shot off ranch but don't think anything huge. **** shame.

Comment

that is an old one,congrats!

Comment

Old warhorse!

cant trust anyone nowadays.

Comment

Cool buck,congrats!

Comment

3 hunters were caught after they used a rifle and a spotlight to shoot a great buck on a neighboring ranch from the highway. Poaching, spotlighting and road hunting. They spent 24hrs as guests of the Uvalde County Jail. They were not permitted back on Brushy Hill property and are banned for life. 2 fathers and 2 kids participated. What a mess. Long time hunter's at the ranch and all we can do is wonder what has gone on all those years. No proof we've lost deer but it only stands to reason. Poachers aren't usually considerate. Hard lesson to learn but we will be far less trusting from now on.

Comment

Sorry it happened, hope it's an isolated event.

Comment

Could be but, because we've always placed a LOT of trust in our clients and given them more freedom than most ranches, I fear it's not been completely isolated. Thank God for our spooky deer and thick brush because I think it's made it more difficult to snipe deer on the ranch, forcing them to the road; and, thankfully, we have a very abundant game population. I'm hoping we can institute some new measures to tighten the reins a bit and I know the game wardens will be keeping a far more vigilant eye on the ranch from now on. Regular vehicle checks as well as checks out in the field- not just camp checks. Also, I'm going to be doing some ride-along night patrols on the ranch with them. One of the game wardens just bought the property next to mine, which makes it REALLY easy to work together!
                What really sux is that I know at least one member of their group has been on the GS. Not sure if he participated but he is still part of the group and there's NO way the group members were not aware of the activity. Not sure of username (nor would I post it if I did, so PLEASE nobody ask me) or how much time on the GS but, before all this went down, they mentioned being a member of TBH. If the story comes out in the paper, I'll post it. Pretty big deal around here to catch 3 people road hunting. It's extremely embarrassing to us - that the operation brought this kind of person into our tight-knit local community. There have long been concerns, in our farming/ranching community, that this could/would happen and we've always defended the character of our hunters, and bowhunters in general. This is going to make that defense sound very empty. Perfect example of how just a few people can really mess things up for all the incredible people that we have as clients. 99% of our clients are just terrific and I wouldn't hesitate to invite them to the house (quite a few actually stop by! Lol) but there are, clearly, some really bad apples. Unfortunately.

Comment

On a lighter note.....Congrats Todd!!! Great buck!! Don't let my wife know I let you hunt one of her setups because that's EXACTLY what she's been looking for - an old (5.5+) heavy 8pt. When you sent me the first picture I just dropped my head and shook it. Lol! 2nd year in a row someone else killed a buck, like one she wanted, before she had a chance to go hunting. I'm going to be in SO much trouble.

Comment

Man that really does suck. Anyone who poaches game is about as low as anyone can get in my opinion. I can't wait to meet you Nick and to experience BH for the first time in a little over a week!

Comment

I'm sure the ability and more availability of suppressors made it easier

Comment

Man I hate to hear that Nick especially after just returning from there some people these days things like that amaze me as to what people will do no matter the law or rules. Hope they throw the book at them! And congrats Todd!!!

Comment

Congrats on the 8pt. Awesome deer!

Comment

Nice 8 pt!

Comment

Working...
                            X