GUS WMA hunt total bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUS WMA hunt total bust

Well we got back yesterday. Two deer total taken one small small doe and a 123 score buck .. Other than that nothing . We hunted 24 and never saw one deer. Scouted a few areas moved stands never even kicked a deer out. saw a couple of pigs but that was it . 21 took the doe and 6 got the buck. Many packed up early as no one was seeing any deer at all from most I spoke to . This was the first year for the late archery and after 4 gun hunts it was clear that the deer where wise and had started to move at night only. Good time getting out great for me to be able to scout as much in my section.

Water is most every where and acorns are EVERYWHERE I did try corn and even the pigs that came through at night would not touch the corn.

I hunted the gun hunt there the same time last year and it was the same, pretty place but I'm sceptic of their deer heard.

Comment

Well I would agree , as even the numbers for the gun hunts ( 4) where down from the info we where told.. It was my first year hunting there and did get to do some great scouting. Even so it was a great time with my friends

Comment

Working...
      X