No announcement yet.

First Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a bobcat, then 2 bucks came in downwind of me, I could see there shadows in my brush blind, never spooked, went to corn and ate, at the same time one was walking down the road in front of me. One was an 8 and 3.5, year old. Let him walk. Small horns.

Comment

I typed that an hour ago. Things have been hot and heavy. Had a nice 8 come on my left from brush headed to road he was 5 yards to my left. He made a couple of light blows and kept going to the road at a rapid pace.

Comment

That 8 never came out in my shooting lanes he went behind the feeder then vanished.

Comment

About that time a doe busted out from my left followed by a ****ing monster. All I could see were points everywhere along with a kicker. They went to the left of the feeder where I don't have a shot and can't see.

Comment

Long story a little shorter, they moved off without a shot.

Comment

About 20 minutes later I hear something behind me and to my right and can see a tree getting trashed. When he lifted his head if was him. Points everywhere, kicker, drop tine. He stood there for 10 minutes licking his lips. He made his way to my shooting lane following a doe.

Comment

This is either the best day of my life or the worst. I had a quick window at 30 yards and I took it. Shot fired. Hit looked good.

Comment

I don't even want to go look for him. Ever felt like that.

Comment

Praying for a recovery.

In for the LDP.

Comment

Good luck on recovery

Comment

Give him a little then go find blood, don't wait too long since it's getting dark, praying for a recovery and good LDP

Comment

Awesome man. Good luck on the recovery

Comment

Went and looked for my arrow, couldn't find it, but did find blood. This was 5 feet from where I shot him, arrow for size comparison. Followed it for 20 yards and stopped. Going to give him some time and then bring Bo's dog out.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450223731.943010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	24420605

Comment

Awesome. Good luck with recovery

Comment

That looks like good blood, good luck and let us know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X