Homer Martin Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Steve,

That's a nice deer. Did everyone in your group see good deer while they were down there? Last year I hunted on top in that area and saw a lot of deer, but never saw a true shooter. I guess it takes a little luck sometimes just to get on a good one. I'll be down their Thursday 12/4 for 4 days with Buckhunter, looking forward to it.

Comment

Yes, I missed a 10 pointer larger than the one I took. I also saw an 8 pointer that was close to being a shooter. You would have to be the judge on whether it was or was not. The other guys did see 1 or 2 shooters @ 21. Large cull bucks are around. On those, I would discuss and describe with Joe before taking.

Comment

I think this place sounds great! Before I book does anyone have anything bad to say or let me know about this ranch before I book? I don't want any surprises when I get there.

Comment

Two thumbs up!!!

Our group hunted Homer's place on Nov.20th-26th. I have nothing to say except good things about this place. We've hunted alot of day leases and this place definately ranks top on the list. Everyone in our group saw good numbers of deer and most saw good shooters. We ended up with a couple trophies and several culls. The trophies have to be 5 1/2 years old which is kinda hard to do but the result of passing on inmature deer are walking all around the ranch. We saw some really impressive deer and past on some really nice ones trying to get the really big boys. The ranch manager Joe is very honest and extremely helpfull. On several occasions he offered to help us build blinds and clean our deer. He will do his very best to put you on a trophy deer. Overall we all had a good experience and look forward to going back next year. We all highly recommend this place.

Clint Leopold
          clintrfd@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Leopold View Post
            The ranch manager Joe is very honest and extremely helpfull. On several occasions he offered to help us build blinds and clean our deer.

Clint Leopold
            clintrfd@yahoo.com
            Just curious? Do you have to set your own stand, or do they have stands for you to hunt out of? Also on the website all of the pricing I saw was the $475.00 for a three day hunt. Are there any trophy fees? Looks like an awsome ranch to hunt.

Comment

Hmr

Homer Martin Ranch is a great place to hunt. They have around 6 individual bunkhouses that sleep between 2 and 4 people. They have a sink and shower in each. The main lodge has a gas oven and grilltop. Plates - forks - knives - pots and pans provided. They have a good access road. 4WD not necessary in most areas. 23 hunting areas are available on a first come first serve basis. There is a feeder at each area. No stands. You bring your own. Ground blinds work great.

Comment

WOW sounds awesome. Are there any trophy fees? Are there a lot of hogs? Also would you recommend taking a first time bowhunter. I am thinking of taking my 12 year old son. Any opinions would be great.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

No trophy fee. Penalty buck will cost you $300. (No No @ HMR)

Comment

Are group just got back today, great hunting. They were 5 of us and we took 1 trophy buck, 2 cull bucks and 5 doe's and a hog. Pics coming soon. Joe is a lot of help and works hard to help all.
                      God bless
                      Bish.

Comment

homer martin ranch is a great place to bow hunt. good luck and dont forget to aim small.

Comment

Bish with his Trophy

Me with cull 7

Jimbow with cull 6

Black Hog Down

I didn't get pics of the other guys doe's but all five of us took doe's.
                          maybe they will post some pics later.

doe taken 2.5 hrs before Hog

Comment

i hunted with bish and rumb. they were some real deer slayers, along with jimbo. fun time had by all. i had my oppurtunities and didn't take advantage, but they were there. cant wait until next year!

Comment

There are no trophy fees on this ranch. I personally would not recommend this place to a first time bowhunter unless your son knows alot about aging deer on the hoof. We had a group of 14 hunters and for the most part know what were doing. There were several of us that past on opportunities because we weren't sure on the age. Homers place is excellent to hunt because they manage it well and are serious about shooting only mature deer. A few people in our group saw some hogs in the back sections but nothing from the camp forward.

Comment

Thank you. That was the info I needed to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X