Baker 3 Ranch Combo Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker 3 Ranch Combo Hunt

Some friends and I went to Baker 3 Ranch this weekend for their annual combo bow hunt. It was our first trip there and we had a blast. Seen lots of axis and whitetails but they were difficult to get on.

I shot a whitetail doe while sitting and I shot 2 foxes while I was out doing some spot and stalking. Two other people in our group got shots off but missed their target. Overall it was what we expected, hard hunting like many of yall said, but we all had a blast and seen many animals.

Cool kills with a bow. Glad you enjoyed the hunt.

Comment

Fox with a bow is awesome. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Thank yall, I definitely didn't expect to shoot a fox much less 2 of them in a single day. I had an opportunity at 3 foxes that day but I didn't take a shot on the first fox.

Comment

Cool

Comment

I killed a fox there also. They must be really thick there.

Comment

The land owner said they had a lot of foxes and wanted all them shot because they eat all the turkey eggs

Comment

cool trophy!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

cool.

Comment

There must be lots of fox in that country. I usually don't shoot them up here in North Texas as we have so few. They are making a come back the last couple of years. Did shoot one a couple of years back, but have let all pass since then. They are about the only animal that gets a pass from me. I just like to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
                          The land owner said they had a lot of foxes and wanted all them shot because they eat all the turkey eggs
                          This is something I hadn't heard. We have them all over on our lease. The land owner isn't letting us shoot turkeys because the population isn't high enough. Maybe I can thin the fox population.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            This is something I hadn't heard. We have them all over on our lease. The land owner isn't letting us shoot turkeys because the population isn't high enough. Maybe I can thin the fox population.
                            It might help the turkeys recover. I'd give it a try because predator hunting is fun and turkey hunting in the spring is my favorite so if thinning the fox population allowed me to shoot turkey's I'd be all over it.

Comment

I really don't like shooting fox. They almost always get a pass from me. But if it helps the turkey population then I can deal with it. I have killed a lot of animals with my bow. Turkey isn't on the list and I'd like to change that.

Comment

Working...
                              X