No announcement yet.

Brushy Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didn't try they were positioned just right blew through the first and maybe 10 inches on the second but it was double lung as well...lol

Comment

I'm in Hog South right now. Seen several doe last evening. I had a whole dang colony of jack rabbits come in. Very amusing watching them play leap frog and chase one another.
      In the stand now. Beautiful morning! I am sharing camp with 6 hunter from Milan Italy! Language creates a challenge but Between an app that translates messages and a little patience on both sides we communicate great.
      They refuse to let me eat the food I brought and insist I eat with them every meal. They harvested a doe a day or so ago and yesterdays lunch was swiss steak (backstrap) and potatoes. Supper was a real Italian sgaghetti with venison and mushrooms. Both meals were truly amazing.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Very slow morning....headed back to the stand at 4

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Anything?

Comment

Originally posted by BJRhoads View Post
                I'm in Hog South right now. Seen several doe last evening. I had a whole dang colony of jack rabbits come in. Very amusing watching them play leap frog and chase one another.
                In the stand now. Beautiful morning! I am sharing camp with 6 hunter from Milan Italy! Language creates a challenge but Between an app that translates messages and a little patience on both sides we communicate great.
                They refuse to let me eat the food I brought and insist I eat with them every meal. They harvested a doe a day or so ago and yesterdays lunch was swiss steak (backstrap) and potatoes. Supper was a real Italian sgaghetti with venison and mushrooms. Both meals were truly amazing.

Thats awesome! You staying in the barn by yourself or yall all in that cabin? Thats pretty neat to hunt with some folks from out of the country! But what the heck brings them here? They hunt whitetail in the states svery year?

Comment

Originally posted by hunterbabe View Post
                  He didn't try they were positioned just right blew through the first and maybe 10 inches on the second but it was double lung as well...lol

Gotcha. Awesome it killed both animals and didnt just wound one. Maybe he learned a lesson there about waiting until all other animals are clear before he shoots. I know I learned that one last year. I blew through a buck and the arrow hit a doe in the ankle. That was terrible. She couldnt jump fences and I never did get another shot at her. Hopefully she didnt just turn to coyote bait...

Comment

Good luck to all yall hunting there this weekend. Hopefully yall have some good news to report back this morning!

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                        Thats awesome! You staying in the barn by yourself or yall all in that cabin? Thats pretty neat to hunt with some folks from out of the country! But what the heck brings them here? They hunt whitetail in the states svery year?

Im staying in the cabin with them. Two or three of them own an archery shop in Milan. They travel all over hunting. The only way I know that is from the pics. Lol
                        From what I can tell, they have been here at BH before. One of them showed me a pic if a whitetail he killed in Persall.

Comment

Ok well my son killed a 10 and a friend shot a huge six....we are calling the dogs for it ....big and his first one

Comment

Congrats and we need pics

Comment

sons 10

The dogs are here going after the big old 6....sons 10 attached neighbor camp has 2 does
                              Attached Files

Comment

Will rhem

Well i didn't connect but did get a pic of the big 10 I kept seeing on my stand...never gave me a good manageable shot...close as he came was 60 yards
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X