No announcement yet.

KJO or Extreme Bowhunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both he will let u set up your own or he's got some spot that other hunters and himself have set up that I could use. I set up my own brush blind in a brush pile and shot the aoudad in my avatar

Comment

And is his feed route just the main road or does he feed the little side roads off of the main road?

Comment

He feeds everywhere my buddy shot a pretty nice axis off the main road and had seen a monster still in velvet. Can't shoot them while they're still in velvet. R u gunna 2 day hunt?

Comment

We were planning on a 4 day hunt. There's gonna be at least 6 guys in our group. Hopefully we can find an opening at the end of this yr-beginning of nxt yr. My little brother has finals the beginning of December and it would be borderline impossible to take a vacation right before thanksgiving or Christmas so its looking more like the beginning of November or January.

Comment

Yea I was gunna suggest a 4 day 2 days goes by way to quick and you can really get a feel of the ranch. Of trying for whitetail also there's some decent ones my cousin saw a good looking 3.5 yr old 11 pt

Comment

We've thought about whitetails also, but the $60 out of state license for exotics is a little more tolerable for a 4 day hunt than the $300.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                Yea I was gunna suggest a 4 day 2 days goes by way to quick and you can really get a feel of the ranch. Of trying for whitetail also there's some decent ones my cousin saw a good looking 3.5 yr old 11 pt
                I could not agree more, the only issue we had on our trip was that we opted for the 2 day hunt and in truth it hunted more like a 1 day hunt. On the 1st afternoon set nobody wanted to "pull the trigger" for fear there was better animals coming and on the last morning set, we were a little rushed as we all had planes to catch. At the very least I would suggest trying to add on extra day, if I recall right Caleb had said that was $50 or $100 (can't be forsure). We seen some very nice whitetail while we were there too.

Comment

The lab you all we're there the weekend after we left that week

Comment

Yeah it feels a lot more like a vacation when you do a 4 day hunt, and since it's about a 14 hr drive one way, a 2 day hunt is just not worth it for us.

Comment

Yea I can see that, a lot of people love kjo
                      And lee ranch, all have quality animals from what I've seen it's just to pick from the bunch im sure any you go to will be well worth it

Comment

Yeah lee ranch is another good looking ranch, but if you shoot a fallow there, it's another $1200 in kill fees.

Comment

^^^^ didn't know that

Comment

Yeah a lot of ranches are adding kill fees for fallow bucks and mouflan rams nowadays. Does anyone know why??

Comment

Could you guys post some pics of animals killed/seen at KJO?

Comment

Originally posted by SLVhunter23 View Post
                                Yeah a lot of ranches are adding kill fees for fallow bucks and mouflan rams nowadays. Does anyone know why??
                                The prices on exotics at the auction barns are skyrocketing and fallow and mouflon are 2 of the ones that are going up the most. A lot of the rifle ranches are buying up all the stock and the archery-only ranches can't compete with their prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X