KJO or Extreme Bowhunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IMG][/IMG]

this was the blackbuck I took on my trip to Extreme, not the biggest I know but I loved it and not to many of us up here in Washington have a BB on the wall, so I don't get much grief

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

This is my hunting partners dall he took at Extreme and his Axis doe, I took a BB doe the next morning.

Comment

That's a beautiful ram. Were there a lot of rams on the ranch that size or was he in a class by himself on the ranch?

Comment

we hunted a very small portion of the ranch, about 5 total acres. That said we seen two awesome rams. Our sets were about 900 yards away from each other. We seen animals every set so we never really moved around much, with only a 2 day hunt it was kind of pick a spot and go with it. [IMG][/IMG] This guy spent ALOT of time infront of my blind

Comment

Wow thats another good ram. So did you guys hunt closer to the bunk house or did you hunt the west side of the ranch in the canyons?

Comment

That painted ram is dead. I shot him last Feb. I couldn't pass him up. I saw probably 30 different rams while hunting. The biggest were in the canyons some in the 30 inch range. The large herds were up on the flats. I shot a absolutely giant spotted fallow but only hit him high in the back. I saw him the next day it was only a superficial wound so he should be fine. I had severe mechanical problems with my bow ( the string came off)! After that happened I just kinda watched animals from different stands around the ranch. I'm sure if my bow was shooting decent I would have ran out of arrows! You won't be disappointed!!!!

Comment

Congratulations on a great ram bigturkeykiller but, I am not gonna lie. I am a little sad to hear my painted buddy is dead. He spent a total of about 5 hours infront of me anywhere from 4-70 yards. He is/was a dandy and I would love to see some pics of him. Both from your hunt and on your wall. As for where we hunted SLVhunter23 we were pretty close to the bunk house. Once we were through the gate we took a roar to the right and we were both set up on that road.

Comment

I did a euro of him. Its on there Facebook page.Oh and he tasted great. I've gotten a lot of crap over the years for eating rams but if its taken care of correctly its good table fare. If you get a chance to take a ewe I wouldn't hesitate. I shot a young Dall also. It made some of the best burger you've ever tasted!

Comment

Originally posted by bigturkeykiller View Post
                    I did a euro of him. Its on there Facebook page.Oh and he tasted great. I've gotten a lot of crap over the years for eating rams but if its taken care of correctly its good table fare. If you get a chance to take a ewe I wouldn't hesitate. I shot a young Dall also. It made some of the best burger you've ever tasted!
                    I agree, on our last trip to Texas we took an Oryx, a black Hawaiian and 2 Axis does. I brought back all the meat and when I made my burger I mixed it all together. I have dubbed it my "Texas Blend" and it is the BEST burger I have EVER had bar none. Congrats again. He was a very impressive ram.

Comment

I just went and checked out the photos. Is it the one mounted on an oval round? It looked great.

Comment

How do u guys process ur rams?

Comment

Originally posted by the lab View Post
                          Congratulations on a great ram bigturkeykiller but, I am not gonna lie. I am a little sad to hear my painted buddy is dead. He spent a total of about 5 hours infront of me anywhere from 4-70 yards. He is/was a dandy and I would love to see some pics of him. Both from your hunt and on your wall. As for where we hunted SLVhunter23 we were pretty close to the bunk house. Once we were through the gate we took a roar to the right and we were both set up on that road.
                          Oh ok. We went when it was still Bowhunters Paradise and most of us hunted the back end of the ranch. I had a 22" aoudad at 20 yds the first evening but I didnt shoot because I was looking for a fallow that hunt too. I regret it now because that was the only legal exotic I saw in the 4 days we hunted. Do they still have the wooden ground blinds on each of the feeders or is it all tripods?

Comment

They still have the blinds but when we were there Caleb wasn't running the feeders just the feed route

Comment

Oh ok. So does he just give hunters free-range on the ranch and let you set up anywhere on the ranch or do they drop you off at designated stands?

Comment

Those places sound awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X