Boazman's Quatro B Ranch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boazman's Quatro B Ranch?

Has anyone hunted or know anything about this bowhunting ranch located 7 miles north of D'hanis, TX? Nice website at www.boazmanbowhunting.com .....
    Last edited by WyoHunter; 12-22-2006, 10:34 PM. Reason: Directions

Wyo, my buddy went there and he said not near the # of animals as Bar E but MUCH better quality animals. I am looking into a hunt there if my WY antelope tag dosent get drawn!

Comment

Good luck on getting drawn for your WY antelope!

Comment

Yea I am gonna need it for Unit 97! But if drawn I supposedly have a 90% success kill with a bow!

Comment

I'm down in San Antonio for business for the next 3 months and I just went to this place this past weekend. Needless to say I was very impressed. Doug, the owner, is a super nice guy. I hunted alone since I am down here by myself and he was more than helpful. Most of the hunt is very much DIY, but when it came to cleaning the animals I killed and tracking them he was a great help. He now offers a $75 per day unlimited hog package that is a great value. I probably saw 300+ pigs the 2 days I was there and killed 3. One was a 250+ lb monster with 3" teeth. He's also got some huge blackbuck and nice axis/aoudad's. Definitely worth checking out.

Comment

Site won't come up for me.

Comment

Website didn't say how big the ranch was ???

Comment

Not sure why the website wouldn't come up. www.boazmanbowhunting.com. The ranch is 500 acres about 7 miles north of D'Hanis. It is very well secluded which to me is important. I've hunted ranches in the past (not naming any names) that were next to highways and the cars driving by were so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. The ranch was stocked with pigs, sheep and exotics a few years back and the owner didn't allow hunters on there till this year. The pigs there just blew me away. I went there just planning to shoot a few pigs but then saw a sheep that I wanted to go after. The animals are tough to hunt, but aren't super jumpy like some of the overhunted ranches. Like I said, $75 a day for unlimited hogs is an awesome price. I've seen ranches offer the same deal but with a 2 or more hog limit. I can't speak for how the ranch will be a year or so from now, but right now and for a few months to come you will definitely see a lot of hogs if you go there. If anybody decides to go they can PM me and I'll let them in on where I sat. I saw several hundred hogs the 2 days I was there.

Comment

Does anyone else have any info on this ranch?

Comment

Nice place and super nice people, not a very big place but has quality animals. Now I didnt say they are easy to hunt, they have been educated well, but not impossible to kill. You will have multiple opportunities on hogs.

Comment

EastTex

I am going out to this place in May to try and stick a pig or two. I have never taken anything with my bow, but I am very confident with my 20yrd pin. Would you say that i would have some good shot opps within that 20yrd range?

Comment

I dont see why you shouldn't, I was turning down shots on every hunt. This place is worth the money, you will enjoy the hunt.

Comment

very good....how is the camp area set up? The reason I ask is that my wife might be going out of town that weekend meaning that I have no one to take care of the dog. If I could take him and it be fairly hasle free that would be great. He is a kennel dog and would stay in a crate most of the time, but would beed out from time to time to streatch a little.

guess this is something to take up with the guy that owns the place

Comment

Any body have any idea how the turkey hunting would be on this ranch?

Comment

Never seen a turkey. I have been there 3 times now.

Comment

Working...
                              X