This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EQR View Post
    Once again, let us stress the importance of loosely using the term "Wounded Warriors" versus "wounded warriors." The latter refers to a group of veterans while the former refers to a large non-profit organization (Wounded Warriors Project). Your continued use of the former led us (and others) to believe that you were somehow backed by the non-profit organization. You were able to set this up because you did not go through the Wounded Warriors Project, but rather the "Wounded Warriors Battalion on SAMMC."

Thank you for posting those text messages. Not only did it make for a long reply, but it further confirmed our belief that what we told Michael and what he initially told you were two different things. We are still unable to comprehend why he chose to cover up the truth in the first place. Nonetheless, it has been addressed.

We're sorry that you have chosen to take your business somewhere else and wish you the best in your continued support of our veterans.

God Bless America, Texas, and TBH,

-EQR
    Grinding my teeth and biting my tongue over the fist couple of lines in the above.
    Going to keep my mouth shut as I might get put into penalty box.

Comment

Yup he's in a tight spot. If it was all him then maybe he learned to tell the truth. Can't stand being lied to...

Comment

Last edited by TXHUNT3R; 01-17-2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXAUfinder View Post
          Grinding my teeth and biting my tongue over the fist couple of lines in the above.
          Going to keep my mouth shut as I might get put into penalty box.
          Agree with ya on that!!

Comment

I hadn't read the ranch response until after I posted initially. Tough situation...I've learned that you ALWAYS want to deal directly with the people/person/entity that you will be dealing with. Miscommunication, lies, etc......never fails to happen. Sounds like you all tried to do the right thing and it just went wrong and it could have been easily avoided if there was direct communication. Again good luck to both sides and thanks for doing what you do.

Comment

Glad to see the ranch respond. Hope that both sides learned something from it. In the end, just glad the guys got to hunt. With or without a tax write off.

Comment

$10k worth of hunts? What is that about 2 or 3 hunts? He should have talked directly to the landowner but I believe EQR is making excuses trying to protect their name. Everybody has muddy roads from time to time, that's not an excuse and if it wasn't about money, why are they so worried about tax write offs?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  $10k worth of hunts? What is that about 2 or 3 hunts? He should have talked directly to the landowner but I believe EQR is making excuses trying to protect their name. Everybody has muddy roads from time to time, that's not an excuse and if it wasn't about money, why are they so worried about tax write offs?
                  It's always about the money.
                  And I'm not buying the ranches story. To much don't add up. It's funny that after this bad PR that that JUST contacted the WWP this week. Ya think???
                  Sounds like someone trying to save face. Crawfishing so to speak. They give to many different reasons(excuse)for why the hunt was cancelled,when it only takes 1,for them not to have known about the hunt. Simply Impossible.

Yes and $10,000 worth of hunts is 2 dove hunts for 5 people.

I'm just calling like I see it.

Looks like Old Mike is the fall guy.
                  Last edited by PondPopper; 01-17-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Yes you're right, I learned that even though someone that's related to the land owner tells you he's in direct contact to the owner and is asking questions on behalf the owner. Hopefully he gets removed from dealing with anything with that ranch and what happened doesn't happen to anyone else that has something "scheduled" there...

Comment

They have a little more skin in the game than you may think.
                      If the OP is not really a nonprofit and the ranch shows they donated a hunt.
                      The ranch is the one in trouble with the tax man

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        They have a little more skin in the game than you may think.
                        If the OP is not really a none profit and the ranch shows they donated a hunt.
                        The ranch is the one in trouble with the tax man
                        If I let someone hunt on my property for free how is a tax man going to even find out about it? And why would they care? I'm confused..

Comment

I am sorry but this thread has become a he said she said and in my opinion should be deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
                            I am sorry but this thread has become a he said she said and in my opinion should be deleted.
                            Couldn't agree more.

Comment

+1

Im glad I own my own 60 acre ranch in atascosa and dont have to deal with BS and he said she said. I manage my ranch with no problem. I personally would not touch roads during the busiest time of the year most people hunt(deer season). I tend to mess with my ranch after deer season finishes.

Glad EQR finally made a statement.

Comment

Can't Frickin' Believe This Ranch!!!

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post

He provided the texts. Now it wasn't directly from the landowner, but it's pretty obvious that the ranch came up with some excuses to cancel the hunt. As far as the tax write off goes, I took a group of guys duck hunting this morning for free, I'm not having to file anything on my taxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X