Day lease on a teacher budget???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day lease on a teacher budget???

Just wondering if anyone might know of a place inthe Central Tx/Hill country area that is a decent placeto bring a family but could still be affordable for a coupleof teachers?

My dad and I used to hunt day leases around Llano, San Saba, and Rock Springs when I was younger and I miss it. Havent been back that way since college. Not looking for worldclass trophies on a fully guided ranch, just looking for the experience with the possibility to take a decent deer. Would even settle for a management buck (I dont mind trashy antlers at all). Again, not looking for a fancy place. Some of the places we stayed before were just a tim shack with a wood stove and a light buld and an outhouse out back. Just looking for a place where my dad and I, and maybe my uncle and two cousins, could go hunt for a few days.

Dont want to sound like Im trying to pull anyones heart strings, or give a sob story. Just putting it out there because I really dont know where to look. Thanksin advance for your help.

The chamber of commerce in Llano use to keep a list of day leases, some are fairly cheap

Comment

Ok cool. Thats definately a start. Thanks!

Comment

will you spend $350 for a doe and a spike and hogs? 3 day hunt, lodging and food. between childress and quanah. not the hill country, but i've killed a lot of deer and hogs in the area where the day lease is. its a friend of mine and very trustworthy. lots of game there. pm me if you want more details.

Comment

Ide like to get sething with multiple points, but the wife is pressuring me to meet a 3-deer quota this year. Wont have any more time off until Christmas break so let me do some checking.

Comment

I hunt in Baylor County, good friend of mine has affordable day hunting and the chance to kill some good bucks. PM, he has openings from Christmas on.

Comment

My wife is a teacher and makes more than I do and I have a decent income. Not that teaching is worth the money. Heck no. I prefer digging holes and listening to hissed of customers.

Comment

looking for a place to hunt next year for 5 hunter $350 sound good pm me

Comment

Working...
                X