Trophy Ridge Exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy Ridge Exotics

Well another wounded warrior and myself went out to the ranch on Monday afternoon and from the moment we drove through the gate til we left late Tuesday night we had an incredible time. We were met by Michael Amico the owner and his family as well as Randy Reynolds the ranch hand/guide/skinner/great guy. Mike and his family were some of the greatest people I've ever met and it's very unfortunate that our visit was cut short by a medical emergency in their family. We did a nice meet and greet, filled out the necessary paperwork and headed out to the stands right away. The first night Eric and I sat in the same stand to take some video of me taking my first pig with a bow. (Unfortunately it didn't turn out very well on the video) Within 45 minutes of sitting I stuck a nice 93lb pig that only ran 50 yards before expiring. After Randy and Mike along with the family came to congratulate and pick up the pig for skinning Eric and I tried our luck at spot and stalking a couple more. We didn't get in range of another one that night as daylight was running short but we did however see some incredible rams grazing through the timber. That night we had a great fellowship with Mikes brother-in-law and Randy. We got up early and dropped off at separate stands. Before the sun came up I was covered up in hogs. They were literally coming in from all angles. By the time I was comfortable taking a shot in the hog lights I drew down and shot an estimated 200+lb boar. We tracked him all over the ranch finding great lung blood but after he'd laid down and lost a lot of blood we couldn't find anymore afterwards. Everyone involved in the search gave it their all and were not prepared to throw in the towel until I was convinced we weren't gonna find him. Very unfortunate but that's hunting sometimes. For the rest of the day I spot and stalked some beautiful trophy caliber rams but I just couldn't find the black one that I had originally seen the first evening that I had my heart set on. I had 4 separate occasions at full draw on a beautiful brown and black ram but I just couldn't convince myself to go through with it. That evening I took two pigs from the same stand within an hour and had multiple chances to take more. All in all I would say the experience was one of the best I've ever had when it comes to hunting. I will most definitely be returning and have nothing but good things to say about the entire ranch. PLENTY of animals, wonderful owners and staff, incredible living accommodations and awesome archery and rifle ranges. I would suggest this place to any hunter, beginner or seasoned veteran. Hope this review helps someone make the call to go out and experience this ranch for themselves. Happy hunting.

TROPHY RIDGE EXOTICS
    19688 Highway 146 North
    Moss Hill, Texas 77575

(281) 728-5223
    gamico@trophyridgeexotics.com
    Attached Files

[ATTACH]545094[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]545095[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]545096[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]545097[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]545098[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]545099[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]545100[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]545101[/ATTACH]

Comment

That looks like a kick a** time!

Comment

It was awesome Gunner. I highly suggest going to check them out. I will for sure be returning to the ranch between hitches in the near future. By the way it was good to meet you at Old Houston Ice House. We need to get together and have another cold one sometime.

Comment

FYI the ram that I passed on 4 separate times is the very last picture I posted. Beautiful animal but I had my sights set on the black one I had seen the night before.

Comment

some firends of mine were out there one won a hog hunt and the other got a ram hunt and took a nice ram

Comment

Did you see any axis?

Comment

Yes I saw several Axis deer and black bucks

Comment

My husband, Mike, found a tall, black, Mag Light flashlight that was left behind at the ranch, he thinks it belongs to you.

It's safely put away with a note that it belongs to you. Next time your up, it'll be waiting for you in the Lodge office.

Thanks again for your support & review of my brother's hunting ranch.

Cheryl, back in chilly Massachusetts
                  (I tried sending this as a private message, but I'm not high enough in the ranks just yet for that privilege! )

Comment

Right on!!! I was looking everywhere for that thing. Good to know it's there. I'll for sure be coming up to retrieve it when I get some days off and can come up for a ram hunt. Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                    X