cheap exotic doe or ram hunt needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap exotic doe or ram hunt needed

This is for my 7 year old son. He will be hunting w/ a .410 loaded w/ slugs. Just need a cheap hunt. I plan on taking him to my place in Sheridan to shoot pigs before the hunt. I was to go to Thompson Temples place in June for this hunt, but Thompson sold all my spots I had reserved. So I will not be hunting with Thompson ever again. (thats the third time he has done this to me) Something close to Houston would be great.

Thanks
    Attached Files

from what i hear most exotic does are easy to come by for cheap. dos plumas even has a blackbuck for 550...not cheap but cheap for a male blackbuck. oh wait...you said gun...umm check the wildlife ranch in mason. i have heard alot of good and alot of bad about the place but your boy will get his animal. and i cant beleive thompson did that. you know im goin may tenth and our deposit got lost in the mail....he called me and asked what happened and i sent him another one. sorry you had a bad experience. good luck findin your boy a place to go. ill keep an eye out. and i know a guy that has some elk cows for 400 each. not sure if i would shoot em with a 410. maybe a 243? let me know

Comment

JB hunting ranch allows gun hunting and I imagine they're ram prices are probably reasonable. I'm heading out there the 27th & 28th. I'll let you know about how much for one of their rams is when I can talk to Jim Bob the ranch manager in person. The last time I was out there there were some pretty Rams running around.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        from what i hear most exotic does are easy to come by for cheap. dos plumas even has a blackbuck for 550...not cheap but cheap for a male blackbuck. oh wait...you said gun...umm check the wildlife ranch in mason. i have heard alot of good and alot of bad about the place but your boy will get his animal. and i cant beleive thompson did that. you know im goin may tenth and our deposit got lost in the mail....he called me and asked what happened and i sent him another one. sorry you had a bad experience. good luck findin your boy a place to go. ill keep an eye out. and i know a guy that has some elk cows for 400 each. not sure if i would shoot em with a 410. maybe a 243? let me know
        Thanks. Funny how TT called you and asked where your deposit was. I never got a call. I left a message w/ him that the check for 8 spots would be in the mail in a few days. I got a message from him that he sold the spots to someone else. Oh, well. I got plenty of other places to spend my money. I would really like to know more about the elk cow hunts. Send me a pm w/ more info if you dont mind.

I will also be givin JB Ranch a call. Thanks for the help.

Comment

trophy8 i'm also intersted in the elk hunt was wondering if you could PM me some more info it. thanks man Tyler

Comment

Your son would have the time of his life at the 2branch. I got a thread on it right on the rate a day lease. He will see plenty of pigs and get plenty of chances! Pretty far drive for ya but you would get the place to yourself and I am telling you its perfect for a kid! Bring your bow you will probably want to stick one too!

Comment

Wow, sorry this happened to you. More and more bad things being said about TT's operation. Overbookings, selling hunts out from under you, and terrible lodging. I made my mind up along time ago to stay away from there. Skeeter, I hope you find a nice place for you and your son to hunt.

Comment

Skeeter I ave ben trying to contact Comanche Crossing in Weimer but have not had any luck so far

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                  Skeeter I ave ben trying to contact Comanche Crossing in Weimer but have not had any luck so far
                  I sent them an e mail, but haven't got a reply back.

Comment

keith johns has an axis doe hunt. 2 day hunt 250$ you can take an axis doe and 2 hogs.
                    Last edited by txbowkill; 04-23-2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
                      keith johns has an axis doe hunt. 2 day hunt 250$ you can take an axis doe and 2 hogs.
                      thanks for the heads up, tbk. I'll check em out.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                        thanks for the heads up, tbk. I'll check em out.
                        sorry but ddint relaize bowhunting only. Sorry!!!

Comment

skeeter...sounds like you need to get this kid a bow...and with the new law it will be cheap! ill let you know about t.t. place. it will be my first time. and probably my last.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            skeeter...sounds like you need to get this kid a bow...and with the new law it will be cheap! ill let you know about t.t. place. it will be my first time. and probably my last.
                            He has a bow, but he doesn't want to practice like he needs to. Not near good enough to hunt w/ a bow yet. But, it'll come!

I have been to TT place several times. I can tell you all you need to know. He doesn't have to worry about me going back. 'Course, he probably aint too concerned if I go back of not.

Comment

hey skeeter, got some bad news for you and me. i talked with my stepdad, he called that guy and he is out of elk. he was killin em off of a high fence place and he did it. i will let you know wht i come across for your boy though, im sad i dont get to shoot an elk now.

Comment

Working...
                              X