KJO Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KJO Questions

Any body been there in the last few months... Whats the accomodations like, how are the heards and do you think you have a decent shot at seeing what you are hunting for? Heard a lot of good things but driving from 1200 miles away I want to get some last min feedback before we decide where to book!!! Thanks

It's not an easy hunt but I've had an opportunity to kill something every trip. Sometimes it's not exactly what I'm after, but I'm not that picky anyways. Accommodations are ok, it's not a 5 star lodge but is dry and has A/C. I love hunting there, and usually multiple trips a year, but I only live a few hours away.

Comment

Great place. Accomodations are ok, bunk beds, a/c, only bad part is that there is only one bathroom. You will see animals, with that being said there are a lot of factors that will affect your hunt. You need to listen to keith. IF he says, we need to hunt away from the feeders, do it. He is a great guide and an awesome host, listen to him and you should have success. Make sure you have good wind, and scent protection. If you see the animal youre after shoot, do not try to wait for a bigger one, or a different one, you might not get another chance. If you are going for a ram or hog, I would say your chances are extremely high, the exotics and does are really, really smart. I was lucky enough to take an aoudad my first trip there. It is a very fun place and the best value I have found. Good luck.
      Last edited by N.DaWoods; 04-29-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Been there 3 times. Axis on 1st/ missed pig on 2nd/ ram on 3rd. Was there during easter weekend this year. Every one saw or shot something. I saw lots of rams/pigs/black bucks on the 3rd trip to kjo. But i agree listen to keith and don't pass up on a shot.

Comment

Working...
        X