Any recent info on Boazmans Quatro B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recent info on Boazmans Quatro B?

just wondering if anybody has been there latley to give me so more info on the ranch.

thanks for your help

im going tomorrow. i will let you know how it is.

Comment

i so am itching to go
      hope you have a good time
      let us know how things go
      maybe in a week or two...
      Bob G.

Comment

let us know how it goes

Comment

sorry it took me a bit to post. the hunt went well. i did not get anything but my dad got a good sized hog and this other guy that was out there did too. again, like always out there, i saw a ton of animals and so did everyone out there. there has got to be atleast an animal per acre not including all the piglets and smaller hogs. lots of fun.

Comment

did you see any good exotics?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
              did you see any good exotics?
              yes sir. some really nice axis bucks. i saw all but two of the red stag i think and they sure are looking great. they are just now groing there sheds back but looking great if anyone wants to do a super exotic hunt late summer. some pretty good black bucks but they have not turned black yet. just starting. a few audad but i did not see the big boys. i hear there are some really nice ones that all hang out together. um, let me think..... oh yeah and i saw really nice black hawaiian ram with some pretty nice corsicans.

Comment

did the exotics come into the feeders or were they staying away from them? How were they moving and how far are the normal shots? Any info would be great. Thanks Ruben

Comment

well you cant hunt the feeders out there. you can only hunt the corn route and tanks. well you can hunt other places but i wouldnt. they are moving at all times of the day really. but when that corn route is made its like a dinner bell. just dont get busted early because i think they must tell the rest of the animals to stay away. have you ever hunted out there? i could have taken 10-15 yrd shots on some black buck and rams if i where hunting them. usually its more like 20-30 yarders though. maybe even the occasional 40 yarder on a hog if your luck runs low. its alot of fun out there but you have to realize that you pay for the CHANCE to shoot an animal, not TO KILL SOMETHING. not that you are one of those guys, its just that these animals know they are on the menu is all. any more questions, feel free to ask.

lee b

Comment

Haha yeah i havent been to the ranch yet but i am hoping to go soon and try to get a nice axis or bb and I understand that in bowhunting you dont always get something but thats why they call it hunting or "BOWHUNTING"
                    any more info. i should know?
                    thanks Ruben G.

Comment

Anyone been lately???

The posts here are a little old... any updates???

Comment

Hello and I should have posted earlier but better late than never.

My fiancee and I went the weekend before Thanksgiving. Natalie had never hunted a day in here life so Friday night she sat with me and I took about a 50 pound pig. I had passed up 15 Whitetail bucks ranging from spikes to OMG!!!!!! Had some small Black Buck on us as well the huge rams walking, 3 of those Texas Dalls were tempting. I was excited as I had 13 Aoudad walking in and some of them were HUGE, they spooked when the hogs started coming in. Wound up with a second hog Friday to boot.

Saturday Morning Natalie sat with me again just watching, while I let smaller Black Buck, another dozen Whitetail up to 140 class feed around me. Nothing I was looking to shoot, so everything got to feed in peace.

Saturday afternoon was Natalies first hunt ever. We sat together and she waited as numerous Whitetail were in front of us along with those rams and Black Buck. Patience paid off as the Aoudad came down the trail toward us, quietly she waited as the big one who is probably over 30" was in the middle of the herd. Once again pigs started coming in and the Aoudad started leaving, with one of the nicer Aoudad 26" looking around she drew and her first animal ever hunted was heart shot. Quick tracking job we lost light, slipped back out of the woods and had hogs on us just before dark but no shot for her.

Sunday Morning she slept and I passed up Whitetails, Black Buck and more Whitetails.

Sunday evening, Natalie took a nice Whitetail doe hunting by herself. She had a Red Stag just out of range she said, A slew or rams, 40 hogs, a Sitka buck and Black Buck.
                        I had the Black Buck back on me with one pretty nice, I put an arrow over it's back. Whitetails were on me again as well as the rams, I let them all walk.

Monday morning was time to get serious so I sat watching Black buck, a Sitka with no antlers and a Whitetail doe all shootable.

Monday night, I climbed up on stand and started the spree! I was watching rams in front of me, Whitetail bucks in front of me along with a smaller Black Buck until the Aoudad started coming in. There were 12 of them in the herd and I drew back on the biggest one 30" plus, hogs were coming in so they were very jumpy. I was just starting to release the arrow when a female stepped in and I took her out of the herd via the Jugglars. Watched them all blow out and just waited awhile. Pretty soon had a slew of hogs come in and I took out the biggest which weighed in at 142 pounds live weight.

Tuesday morning I went out again in search of one last exotic as I had chosen a 2 exotic hunt. I sat watching Whitetails and Black Bucks, before long a had a plumb Black Buck doe come walking in followed by a very tall Black Buck with alot of black in him. 20 yards away he decided to turn and look behind him, last thing he ever did!

Total score for us was:

2 Aoudad
                        1 Black Buck
                        4 pigs + 1 other I had to dispatch for Caleb (inside joke)
                        1 Whitetail doe

We had a great time and really can not wait to go back. Natalie and I have already reserved a week next year to both hunt Red Stag, exotics and hogs. It is well known that Caleb is the best, tell him what you are looking for specifically and he will put you in the area to see them. I wanted an Axis or a nice Black Buck and Natalie wanted a Black Buck but when she saw the Aoudad could not resist. We both had shots at exactly the animals we wanted and took them.

When we were on the ranch there were two other great guys hunting, hopefully they will chime in on this thread. I could post thier pics for ransom, but I can tell they both had a great time also and booked the same weekend next year.

Get out there, sit still and quiet is my advice. Tell Caleb what you are after and let him set you where he chooses and you will not be sorry. The key is sit still and have patience, Natalie had only sat on stand one time in her life with me before we got down there and she took two fine animals first and second time out.

Enjoy the hunts guys and know that Natalie and I are envious you are out there while we sit in Illinois waiting to get back to Texas and waiting for the Taxidermist to call with her Aoudad and my Black Buck!

Comment

Any pictures?

Comment

Comment

All are pics from a cell phone so they are not too bad for a phone pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X