Barron Hunting Ranch Lockhart Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barron Hunting Ranch Lockhart Texas

I work with a guy whose cousin owns both low and high fence property in Lockhart, Texas and he recommended that I go and visit this place last year in early February. I took my brother and brother in law and both of them successfully shot a blackbuck doe and buck and I saw plenty of whitetail deer, a few axis and some wild hogs inside of the high fence. The high fence property is right at about 200 acres (my guess). I took my 11 year old daughter to a friends place where the deer are plenty and after a handful of sittings over the span of two weekends we just couldn't get a good shot opportunity with her crossbow. I quickly remembered this place and called the owner (Johnny Barron). I asked about his prices for his whitetail deer and the price was more than fair ( 8 point 300.00-800.00 10 point $400.00 - $1000.00). I remembered that he had about 3-4 bow blinds (one being a ground blind with a 25 yard shot to feeder). This was perfect for my daughter. Anyhow, my daughter and I set up before sunrise and I could not believe the number of whitetail that came to that feeder when it went off right before sunrise. I counted about 20 deer (half of them- non shooter bucks but still a nice sight to see) when there was enough light to record from my i phone and just then I was spotted and they all spooked and took off. My daughter gave me a bad case of the stink eye. Anyhow the deer slowly started to make their way back when a old buck (shooter) appeared and quartered at the right angle for my daughter to get her shot off. The buck fell on impact of bolt and ran about 75 yards and collapsed in an open field. This place is a great place for a father/son/daughter hunt (lets not forget mom if she hunts too). There is a cabin but it is booked during whitetail season for his low fence ranch hunters. He does have MLDP hunts available for whitetail and he has a few blackbuck and not so many axis on the property. He has some big deer on this property that have a price tag on them but much better than what all the big outfitters charge. You kill you clean but heck for his prices I could not pass up opportunity for my daughter. I could not upload video of her shooting whitetail but will continue to try.
    Attached Files

awsome. congrats. how big are his BB?
    Last edited by jcso139; 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

About 18 inches on a straight line. I think he quoted me 700 or 800 for that one.

Comment

Congrats! Great story

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt. PM sent.

Comment

Do they have a web site

Comment

No. I work with his cousin. Small place but gr8t prices,, is it ok to post his number or only by pm.

Comment

Pm me his contact please.

Comment

See pm
                    Last edited by Ruben Garza; 02-06-2013, 06:53 PM. Reason: Tried to send pm didn't no if ok to post

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats to your daughter and to you for taking her hunting!

Comment

I would like to take my son can you pm me his number

Comment

Congrats to young lady

Comment

Congrats to the young Lady

Comment

Working...
                              X