ANy Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANy Updates

ANyone hunted Mesquite lately? Looking for an update. Please oh please help out. I have a upcoming hunt booked and looking for an update..

Surely someone has been lately???

Comment

Went twice in February. Had shots in 7 out of 8 total sittings. What are you going for? Tons of aoudad and his axis are probably hard horned and HUGE now. Gerald is a great guy and you will love the ranch. Good Luck and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Comment

Promised my Daughter that I would take her when she graduated. That is the end of May so the hunt is booked for the first weekend. We are going on the exotic hunt, so anything that is hardhorned and looks good will be shot at...
        We will post pics upon our return.
        Can you offer any advice? Where to hunt, take or don't take a pop up? ANy stand better than another? What type of set ups are there??

Comment

Don't waste your time taking a pop up. Not that I'm agains them, becuase I shoot prostaff for Double Bull, but the animals just do not like anything different on their ranch. lol. Gerald has some great brush blinds set up out there that work like a charm. Just let him know what kind of exotic you wanna go after and he'll set you up in the best spot. As far as advice, the best I can give you is to be ready to draw or be in shooting position at all times. You are much better off if you draw before they get right in front of you. You will be able to see them before they see you.

Comment

I would take a pop up. Brush it in and hunt. It is always better to have one and not need it then to need one and not have it. All three of my exotics plus my pigs were taken hunting out of one
            Last edited by Killem all; 04-07-2008, 01:15 PM.

Comment

This place have a website?

Comment

The reason I said not to take a pop up is becuase I was their twice last month and the brush is not in the shape to conceal a pop to the point in which nothing looks disturbed. In my opinion your best bet is to just do what Gerlad says and have a blast.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X