Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody gonna be at first point next week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any luck yet?

Comment

Unfortunately we still haven't even seen a deer yet... I don't know what the blank is goin on. Guess all th rain th heat and the moon plus everything is green so the deer are only feeding at night. One more day to atleast see something then headed home to watch football. The deer are there just feedn at night. Sucks but it happens. It'll be better later and when I get back in nov something is go down. Guess tryin to get here early this year and get a Jump on the deer before they got spooky was a bust. Bout a $2500 bust at that. Oh well back to work on Monday make some more money so I can come back. And for any of u reading that haven't been here but are thinkn about it, trust me it's an awesome place. My fav place to be w a bow in my hand

Comment

Good luck this morning

Comment

Thanks u too...

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
            Unfortunately we still haven't even seen a deer yet... I don't know what the blank is goin on. Guess all th rain th heat and the moon plus everything is green so the deer are only feeding at night. One more day to atleast see something then headed home to watch football. The deer are there just feedn at night. Sucks but it happens. It'll be better later and when I get back in nov something is go down. Guess tryin to get here early this year and get a Jump on the deer before they got spooky was a bust. Bout a $2500 bust at that. Oh well back to work on Monday make some more money so I can come back. And for any of u reading that haven't been here but are thinkn about it, trust me it's an awesome place. My fav place to be w a bow in my hand
            Sorry to hear boss.. Its tough hunting when it gets that way. Have any tips on how I may catch a daytime deer out and about

Comment

Here's my opinion...

I've hunted First Point the last 5 years. I have been lucky enough to have my blind set-up in the spots where I was able to have a shot opprotunity each and every year. Just like anywhere, the weather, wind, moon, and rain will absolutely mess a hunt up. There are "go-to" spots we have but they can change from year to year. Two years ago my father had a shooter buck (including 2 monsters) in his shooting lane each and every hunt! We set up in the exact same place the next trip and he did not see a deer.

On a place like this you have to do EVERYTHING you can to increase your chances. In my opinion this means minimizing the time you are in the pasture setting up, getting to the stand early and quietly, and having a certain amount of luck like being in the right place at the right time. For example, (I'm not doggin, but) I've seen lots of guys with these loud 4 wheelers and Rangers plowing down the roads before daylight and evening hunts. You and the deer can hear those things for miles and you can bet that the large deer hear those things and either scatter or lay it down until they are out of the pasture.

I was set up on a road where I was covered up in deer, my brother was 150 yards away and did'nt see a deer one! And visa-versa. This is why I made a post on an earlier thread saying that you cannot bet on tagging a doe for sure because you just never know.

I have a trip booked on November 23rd-25th where I will be tagging along with my 13 year old daughter trying to get her first animal. We have a lot of fond memories at First point that outweigh the times we did not get a shot.

Comment

Any of you fellas that would like to share some of your spots or the best way to set up, blinds etc. feel free to pm me.. My 12 year old was drawn for the the LSBA hunt @ 1st point in a couple weeks.

With the limited time, it will just be a crap shoot if I don't get some prior scouting reports...

Thanks

Comment

It's a crap shoot either way. Brush in good, be lookin at the road with the wind at your face, and have fun with your son. A shot at s deer would be an added bonus

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
                    It's a crap shoot either way. Brush in good, be lookin at the road with the wind at your face, and have fun with your son. A shot at s deer would be an added bonus
                    Thanks

Comment

mr. tyak, i have a trip planned for nov 29- dec 2. would you mind if i pm you after your trip for any pointers you may have at that tiime of year. this will be my first trip to first point and will only be there three days so just trying to up my chances the best i can. thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by nai131 View Post
                        mr. tyak, i have a trip planned for nov 29- dec 2. would you mind if i pm you after your trip for any pointers you may have at that tiime of year. this will be my first trip to first point and will only be there three days so just trying to up my chances the best i can. thanks in advance
                        Will do brotha!!!!!!!!

I'm taking my bow just in case but this trip is all about my daughter Courtney. I'll be armed with some patience and a video camera!

Comment

Working...
                        X