Honeymoon Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeymoon Hunt

I'll be getting married the end of this coming April & finally have all the wedding details set. Just started looking into the whole honeymoon thing & my soon-to-be wife says she would like to go on a hunt. Greatest idea I have ever heard of . Any ideas from the green screen on where to start looking? I have never done a paid day hunt before so I'm kinda lost. She would love to take an axis & I will shoot whatever presents a shot. We will both be bowhunting. Hopefully we can find someone reasonably priced that has a nice lodge to stay in.

Getting married in April too and were gonna honeymoon and try to fish and hunt for sure, no point in going somewhere nice and relaxing the whole time, we wanna actually do something.

I think Hawaii has all year big game hunting, axis, hog and rams.
    Florida has pigs, dunno about exotics.

Those are some places we were thinking of.
    Good luck and congrats I'll be checking in on this thread too for ideas.

Comment

check out the quatro b its a heck of a place and a lot of animals

Comment

Try the nail ranch in Albany.

Comment

For a honeymoon setting.....I would definately do 777, YO, or the like resort style ranches. Get yourself catered to, relax, and stick some things. Don't worry about cooking, making your bed, etc. Plus, they have other things to do like photography, fishing, horseback trails, spa, etc.

The major thing you want to do is enjoy spending time with your wife. The last thing you want to do is make sandwiches or have to worry about the things we usually have to do when we plan a trip.

Atleast that is what I would do.

Congrats and enjoy
          Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 09-29-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

I am not sure you are going to find that many hard horned animals in April.

You should check out Buff's place, Big Oak, he is a sponser here. Has a great lodge and much cheaper than going to Hawaii. Of course Hawaii is awfully nice if money is no object.

In the spring you could go for horned animals...sheep, blackbuck, etc

congrats and good luck.

Comment

I hunted at the Circle T ranch in Carrizo Springs. It was a while ago and the head guide that was there is gone now, but the lodge is awesome, the food is great and tons of animals. I hog hunted but did see tons of whitetails and axis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                For a honeymoon setting.....I would definately do 777, YO, or the like resort style ranches. Get yourself catered to, relax, and stick some things. Don't worry about cooking, making your bed, etc. Plus, they have other things to do like photography, fishing, horseback trails, spa, etc.

The major thing you want to do is enjoy spending time with your wife. The last thing you want to do is make sandwiches or have to worry about the things we usually have to do when we plan a trip.

Atleast that is what I would do.

Congrats and enjoy
                Sounds like great advice to me!

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                  Florida has pigs, dunno about exotics.
                  The Brady ranch in Florida has a huge axis herd along with a few other species.

Comment

THE BEST HUNTING OUTFITTER IN FLORIDA Experience the thrill of the hunt with Seminole Prairie, your One-Stop Shop for unforgettable Florida hunting adventures. Florida Alligator Hunting If you decide on a gator hunt be ready to go back home with

There you go

Comment

Working...
                    X