First Point Oct. 11-14 To hunt the road or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Point Oct. 11-14 To hunt the road or not

Who will be there on these dates? Bringing my daughter's boyfriend for a hunt. This will be his first kill with a bow. I am sure he can get a doe. I hope we do better than a doe only.

What is the opinion - hunt the road or off the road?

I know Killem hunts off the road if I am correct and has done well. It has been a while but I was there with Killem a few years ago.

I have been a few times and only shot does. Saw a few bucks but back then they were not shooters. Looking for the big one.

Honestly in 3 days hunting off the road will be tough. Ur hitting them early so they won't be as strung out if you do hunt the road. I would probably hunt close to a feeder and string corn. I have killed 2 bucks, missed one 145"8 hitting a limb and got busted with thermals on another hunt doing this. All of them have been in the morning

Comment

I would hunt the corn route on a heavy traveled area. After 6 years of hunting there I learned...

NEVER say "I am sure we can get a doe"

Comment

Does - Maybe

Let me rephrase...at least there is a good chance he can get a doe...it will be his first bow kill so I am hopeful we should at least have a few chances.

Comment

I can't see any reason he shouldn't be able to get a doe in 6 hints especially if that's all he is wanting.

Comment

i have hunted there 10 years being there that early i would hunt the roads and hide real good

Comment

Clinton. Do you have any hunts booked or did you find a lease?

Comment

i will be there at fp helping Bo feed he has had feeders runing seance april and has cameras on them seen some real good bucks too Shane have you booked a hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Corner-tang View Post
                  i will be there at fp helping Bo feed he has had feeders runing seance april and has cameras on them seen some real good bucks too Shane have you booked a hunt?
                  No. I am saving my pennies. I have a trip to Africa booked in July 2013.

Tell Bo to post some more pics on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
                    I would hunt the corn route on a heavy traveled area. After 6 years of hunting there I learned...

NEVER say "I am sure we can get a doe"
                    Yeah.....I chuckled a little on this one!! Good Luck with that!!

Comment

Il be coming in when your leaving.. 15th-18th. I will most certainly need to meet up with you to steal info on activity!

Comment

I'll be in a green toyota tundra. There will be two of us, both of us are over 6 tall and I have a low crew cute....basically shaved so we should be easy to identify. Catch us and I will let you know everything I can.

Comment

Working...
                        X