The wildlife ranch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wildlife ranch?

Anybody have any personal experience hunting here? I just heard they had a bad rap but dont know what for? Just curious before i decide to book somethin.

Thanks

I went there about 10 years ago. I didn't enjoy my experience when I went on a ram hunt. The guide literally drove us to the ram herd and told us to pick out which one we wanted when we were parked 10 yards away. Most animals on the place were the same way and you could just drive right up to them.

That being said, remember it was 10 years ago. As for rams I have learned that there isn't much you can do about them being tamed over time, but it was the fact that the guide expected us to shoot them with our bows right out of the truck. Maybe they have changed their operation around a little bit now and I sure hope so. Overall they did have some very impressive animals out there nonetheless and if you go on a ram hunt the size of the ram you get is defintely worth the money, it is just how you feeling about shooting that animal.

Comment

Went several years ago and did not care for it. Do a search on here and I think you'll find that most everyone feels like that.
      I didnt like the "canned" feeling of it.

Comment

I def dont wanna just walk up to them and shoot'em. I know they arent the toughest critter to hunt usually but i want to atleast feel like i was on a hunt and not just shooting farmer teds pet goat

Comment

I have hunted there one time with my brothers and it was not that great . Our guide ran up to a group of merino rams while we were there and started kicking them to make them run. We will never go back.

Comment

I hunted there for rams and had a great time get out and search for the ram you want. Your hunt is what you make of it

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
              I hunted there for rams and had a great time get out and search for the ram you want. Your hunt is what you make of it
              I went there about 4 years ago and chased them suckers all over that place. Me and my wife (then girlfriend) had a great time. I haven't been back though.

Comment

I had an Oryx hunt booked with them for 2 months then a few weeks before the hunt i called to confirm my booking and they had shot the oryx a few weeks previously. They weren't even going to call and tell me about it.

Comment

Working...
                X