awsome time at the quatro b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awsome time at the quatro b

i went there in june with my grandpa on an exotic hunt and had a blast my first sit i got skunked my second sit i saw white tail and black buck does and a bunch of pigs me and carlos tried to put a stalk on them but came up empty handed.the next morning ted took me to a stand that was awsome .even before it was daylight there were animals two fallow bucks in velvet and a black buck doe. after about ten minutes one of the fallow bucks looked up and just kept stareing into the brush and out stepped an awsome black buck he came to corn then just when i was about to pull back he looked behind him and here came a bigger blackbuck. they met each other half way and had a knock down drag out fight.when they finished the big one stepped into my shooting lane at 28 yards and that was his mistake i hit him perfect behind the shoulder and he droped.after i finally stopped shaking the tree i got down to look at him he was bigger than i thought.ted came to pick me up and as soon as he got out of the truck all he could say was"outstanding".we got back to camp caped and quarterd my blackbuck then waited for the evening hunt.that evening i was going after pigs so they dropped me off at a stand by a tank in the back.as soon as i got there i had a white tailed doe on top of me then 3 pigs came to water but were to far for a shot.about 20 minutes before dark i looked up on the hill came a monster axis well over 30 inches.with some does and a younger buck they stayed at 80 yards for about 10 minutes and left.i had about ten minutes left of day light so i got out of the stand to wait for ted to pick me up. i looked down the sendero and i had two pigs coming my way so i just stood as still as i could.when they got to about 15 yards away from me i turned my sight lights on and when the first one got broadside i pulled back and let the arrow fly. low and tight into those vitials and me ted and his son joey had a short tracking job.that by far was the best hunt ive been on to date.carlos and ted will bust ther butts to put you on an animal and they are a lot of fun to hang out with.im definatly going back and if you want to have a blast go to the quatro b the main lodge is outstanding but the bunkhouse we stayed in could have used one minor improvement and that was hot water but the main lodge has a beautiful shower that i used but my grandfather used the one in our bunkhouse but other than that i have no complaint i give it two thumbs up.thanks guys for a great hunt.
    Last edited by pig sticker 337; 08-21-2012, 03:03 PM.

Great place for sure, glad you guys had fun. Any pics to share?

Comment

Here ya go :

Last edited by takoma; 08-23-2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Nice. Quatro B is awesome. I'm going back in January.

Comment

Nice animals, congrats!

Comment

7 days and counting before i head to the Quatro B myself, cant wait .

Comment

I try to hunt Quatro twice a year with my Dad and others. We like to have oppotunities on exotics and pigs and are always looking for a good blackbuck. The ranch is great, prices are fair, and Carlos is a fantastic guide. We think so much of him we asked him to go to Africa with us in 2013.

Comment

Ive never been how does it compare to KJO? just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishing View Post
                  Ive never been how does it compare to KJO? just curious.
                  whats kjo?

Comment

zack --- still telling the story about you zapping that bird out in the field at like 40 yards no problem. Heck, all your shot on target and animals were spot on. You gonna come back in the cold season for deer and hogs ? - c

Comment

Dont Listen to Takoma he gets paid tobe a desciple.

Comment

Don't listen to Phdan, he does not get paid to be a grumpy, ole man.

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
                          Dont Listen to Takoma he gets paid tobe a desciple.
                          If you dont like the 4B, go make your own review thread about it. Make sure you say everything you want to say, write down when you went, and tell the world how bad you think it is, then get the hell out of everyone elses threads. In other words, stop trolling. Its not cool. You are taking away the fun out of someone posting and bragging about their hunt.

I have been there 3 times, and am returning for a 4th trip this weekend. Takoma (Carlos) is a pretty cool dude, and makes the trip that much more fun. Teddy is also A+, and can sure throw down on some grub. Anyone who is reading this needs to do themselves a favor and book at least a hog hunt with the Quattro B.

Comment

Originally posted by PlastikBulletz View Post
                            If you dont like the 4B, go make your own review thread about it. Make sure you say everything you want to say, write down when you went, and tell the world how bad you think it is, then get the hell out of everyone elses threads. In other words, stop trolling. Its not cool. You are taking away the fun out of someone posting and bragging about their hunt. I have been there 3 times, and am returning for a 4th trip this weekend. Takoma (Carlos) is a pretty cool dude, and makes the trip that much more fun. Teddy is also A+, and can sure throw down on some grub. Anyone who is reading this needs to do themselves a favor and book at least a hog hunt with the Quattro B.
                            Hey Boazman is that you? I didn't know stating the other side of an opinion on a "Rate the Day Lease" thread was trolling. If you had bothered to use the search button you would know I have already expained my trip to your ranch in minute detail.

If you want to play "thread police" please go do it on the Bowhunting Reports. No one will bad mouth anyone's hunt there or take the fun out of their crowing.

As long as this is here for the purpose of rating the lease I will continue to have my say about Quatro B being the worst day lease I have ever been too. If you want to spend money there by all means have at it. As for me, once burned......enough.

Research before you waste your hard earned money.

Comment

Phdan I thought you said Mesquite Bowhunting was the worst place you ever hunted? Seems like you have bad luck everywhere you go man
                              Last edited by AggieBowHunter09; 09-13-2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X