Father Daughter Family Hunt at QUATRO B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father Daughter Family Hunt at QUATRO B

It was a memorable outing this past weekend as I have returned to the Quatro B for the third time in 3 months. This time it wasn't about me. Over the past year I have put about 5 trophies on the wall and my 10 year old daughter asked if i could teach her how to hunt. My brother and my nephew joined us and I have to say that once again, I was not disappointed.

On our first evening sitting, we saw plenty of exotics and about 25 hogs, but they just wouldn't commit to our shooting lanes. We were on the ground up against some thick brush. Right at about 9:00pm we had 6 piglets come into our shooting lane. 75 yards up the caliche road, 3 hogs broke away from the group of 25 to chase off the piglets. Just as quick as they approached, mommy showed up to cut them off and she was not happy. The 3 hogs ran off into the brush and mom gave chase and ran 3-5 yards from where my daughter and I were sitting on the ground. Too close for comfort. I asked my daughter if we had enough excitement for the evening and she nodded yes. I sent a text to Ted (guide) to come pick us up at 9:11pm. As we placed out gear on the caliche road the three hogs jumped back onto the road and headed straight for us. We walked about 10 yards towards them and at 9:14 pm she steadied her bow on a trigger tripod (primos) with one broken leg and managed to drop her first wild pig. She did it with the help of a 3/4 moon on white rock.

Next evening sitting she was able to shoot at her first ram and hit bullseye at 12 yards. She is on cloud nine.

She had plenty of shot opportunities at exotics, but we did not pay for that package. Our group consisted of 3 hunters and 5 non hunters (family). I was 13 years old when i dropped my first buck with my dad and a good friend of mine that married my cousin. It was nice to have them be a part of this group and experience dad passing this family tradition on to the next generation.

A special thanks to Ted, Carlos, and Dennis. I will return in the cooler months. Great cabins, Good People, Good Times.

I tried uploading images but for some reason i am getting an upload failed message. Hopefully Carlos can post them for me. The Ram hunt was videotaped from two angles and I can hardly wait for the editing and viewing.
    Attached Files

Awesome, congrats to your daughter. Looking forward to pics!

Comment

Congrats to you both! I love hunting with my daughter!

Comment

Happy everyone had a blast and saw lots of critters ---- I took your footage and made a small video for your daughter :

I mailed you the link to the youtube video. I took the footage you sent and compiled that with some stuff I had to make a little video for ya'll to enjoy.

Comment

Comment

Jade will be happy. Thanks a million CARLOS.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Awesome stuff, right there!

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt. Definitely on my list to go this year.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Very nice ram, congrats!

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt and memories that will last a lifetime

Comment

Nice ram. Congrats to the little huntress.

Comment

Congrats to your daughter on a fine ram and nice pig!

Comment

Ruben,

Tell your daughter congratulations!!!!!!!

Let me know when your looking to go back when it's a little cooler, knowing here in Texas that could be January, but I should be available in October if you want to try and book a hunt. We could do this one for the kids too, doesn't matter to me.

Hope to be able to bring some Elk for us this time as I will be in Colorado in Sept.

Comment

Working...
                              X