Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Texas Bowhunter info ( Charlie Harris)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas Bowhunter info ( Charlie Harris)

Wandering if anyone has been to this place in George West, and if so how did it turn out. Sounds like a great place and I'm looking to book a hunt there next year so trying to find some feedback first. Thanks

www.huntinfo.com has review on him

Comment

I think you will find on here that this is NOT the person to hook up with. I thought the same thing until I read a bunch about him on here

http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outf...bmit_action=Go
      Last edited by SPUD; 01-09-2008, 09:37 AM.

Comment

heard bad things myself

Comment

I agree with what the other said

Comment

Thanks for the info guys that is all I needed to hear.

Comment

I hunted with Charlie for 3 years and have enjoyed it very much. A buddy just arrowed a 148 inch 9 pointer at the bow ranch near Three Rivers. His name is Tim Siler, heres is his e-mail address siler4j@sbcglobal.net . I hunted this same stand last year and saw a mid 140s. I have never not had deer within bow range. I have seen some really good bucks and the food is great. The lodge is not 5 star but its nice. I went hog hunting with 3 other bow hunters the last two years in the off season with Charlie and had a ball. The best hog hunt I have ever been on. I arrowed 4 hogs including a 250 lb boar last year and the previous year I also arrowed 4 hogs. Everyone but one rookie bowhunter arrowed hogs on that trip . I have booked another hog hunt in March again. In 3 years I have arrowed 2 bucks and 3 does. The biggest buck just missed p&y by 2 inches. So I have no complaints about Charlie. I've hunted 3 ranches with him and every one of them had good deer numbers. This season was tough for me as I just never got a mature buck with in bow range. I saw a couple but it just never worked out, but that bowhunting.
              I did arrow a nice 120 inch 7 point cull buck on a buddies ranch 2 Fridays ago.
              I did read the hunt info stuff after I had already hunted with him a couple of times. Some people will have a bad hunt every now and then and I thanks that what happened. I'm sending my deposit to hunt with him again this season as soon as I get my income tax return.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the info Snuffer. Still very undecided of where I will be going.

Comment

I broke down several years ago near his home place and his wife stopped and helped me out of a major jam. Can't speak for him but his wife is good people in my book.

Ed

Comment

Working...
                  X