• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
    Nothing wrong... read the first of my post you quoted
    I did. dually noted.

Comment

I have no problem with you are anyone else posting an opinion on this or any other public forum, but please recognize that the same should be said of those posting in rebuttal... Freedom should be a two way street...

And if I'm dissatisfied with the hunt, I take it up personally with the operator... if after talking personally with the operator I'm still dissatisfied, then and only then would I take it to a public forum... In my opinion that is how an adult conducts business...
      These are two very contradicting statements. In my "opinion" I read it like this: I can post my opinion on a public forum about this place or that place, BUT only after I have spoken with the operator of said place. Otherwise I am not an adult.

Might as well get rid of the "Rate the Day Lease" Forum because I doubt 95% of the reviews on there have actully spoken to the guide/operator of the day lease to iron out details or get permission to post on here.

Comment

I agree how can you truly rate a day lease if you work it out with the Lease Owner. Even if I did work out my issues with a lease owner I would still come on here and say hey this lease was like this, I had these issues, the land owner worked them out with me or not. Just because the land owner worked out the issues, doesn't mean you shouldn't exclude them from a review. If youhad issues resolved or not, post them. Like if the lease owner has a habit of picking people up early on the last hunt, give me a heads up so when I go down I can tell him don't pick me up early.

Comment

Originally posted by codyw2006 View Post
          What does everyone think of kjo? Me and 4 of my friends went down this weekend for his bachelor party so he could get his first kill and 2 of the guys came away with nothing, we had all paid for a ram an axis doe and hogs. I shot 3 pigs and 2 guys got a ram but it really felt like we were being rushed out for a larger more expensive party coming in. I understand we went during a bad moon phase and everything was green but he had us on about a 60 acre piece the whole time within probably 100 yards of each other and wouldnt let us move around. We had seen TONS of ram from the pick up but wouldnt even stop to let us try to put a stalk on one. At one point only me and one other guy had shot at anything but everyone had seen tons of blackbuc and a few of the guys asked if they could switch to just hunting a blackbuc and pay the difference and he wouldnt even let them do that. He said he would have to charge them an additional $500 for it ontop of the $450. Idk the whole trip really seemed like he didnt want us to shoot anything so his big group would have more animals to shoot at in the good stands. Idk i guess im just interested to see if anyone else has had an experience like this?
          I never took this post to be bad? Just an opinion. Just the same I have 2 hunts booked @ KJO with in the next 6 months. I am excited like a kid at Christmas.... just love hunting for the true sport of it! A harvest of any kind is the cherry on top. I guess that is why I can sit all day from sun up to sun down on Public land day after day.

Comment

This is why so many people don't mess with tbh especially around the cpfire to many policing the forum like they own it

Comment

Originally posted by Apullin17 View Post
              These are two very contradicting statements. In my "opinion" I read it like this: I can post my opinion on a public forum about this place or that place, BUT only after I have spoken with the operator of said place. Otherwise I am not an adult.

Might as well get rid of the "Rate the Day Lease" Forum because I doubt 95% of the reviews on there have actully spoken to the guide/operator of the day lease to iron out details or get permission to post on here.

How early is early... is a question I'd want answered

Comment

Originally posted by ProV1 View Post
                I agree how can you truly rate a day lease if you work it out with the Lease Owner. Even if I did work out my issues with a lease owner I would still come on here and say hey this lease was like this, I had these issues, the land owner worked them out with me or not. Just because the land owner worked out the issues, doesn't mean you shouldn't exclude them from a review. If youhad issues resolved or not, post them. Like if the lease owner has a habit of picking people up early on the last hunt, give me a heads up so when I go down I can tell him don't pick me up early.
                Nothing is wrong with posting your opinion on any day lease.. But it is my opinion that I would not post a negative without first attempting to reconcile the issue with the operator.. If the issue is of significant import to warrant a post after that I would certainly make note of it in any review I chose to post..

Generally I skip these kind of posts because it's usually just sour milk anyway.. But this one got me going cause some of y'all jumped on a guy for calling his friend with a heads up..

Now carry on with the bashing...
                Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 04-12-2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I don't really see a problem with his buddy calling and saying he was dissatisfied but "in my opinion" Keith was told the OP was trashing the place which I didn't see. I also don't think it was right for Keith (my opinion) and tell the OP that he wasn't welcome back.

One more thing for the fellow saying you have to learn the ranch. What's to learn other then we sit at one of six feeders (don't know how many) be quiet and be still, we're not out stalking or sitting on trails. If the animals aren't coming to feed we wont get a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by fishycatfish View Post
                    I don't really see a problem with his buddy calling and saying he was dissatisfied but "in my opinion" Keith was told the OP was trashing the place which I didn't see. I also don't think it was right for Keith (my opinion) and tell the OP that he wasn't welcome back.

One more thing for the fellow saying you have to learn the ranch. What's to learn other then we sit at one of six feeders (don't know how many) be quiet and be still, we're not out stalking or sitting on trails. If the animals aren't coming to feed we wont get a shot.

Have you gotten both sides of this story, or are you basing your opinion strictly on the op's statements? There was some stalking, or at the very least, some unauthorized walking around in the hunting area, during hunting hours, done by at least one hunter in that group, and his friends know it. That is enough to insure that you're not welcome back at Keith's ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post

Have you gotten both sides of this story, or are you basing your opinion strictly on the op's statements? There was some stalking, or at the very least, some unauthorized walking around in the hunting area, during hunting hours, done by at least one hunter in that group, and his friends know it. That is enough to insure that you're not welcome back at Keith's ranch.
                      Kind of hard to get both sides of the story, when Keith doesn't post on here. For now I will take the OPs word, as getting a story from folks second hand doesn't cut it. Especially when they are close friends of Keith. Not calling you a liar, but when your so close to someone that you nose gets brown when they stop walking, there are obvious emotional attachements.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post

I don't think the OP is too upset about not being welcomed back to Keith's ranch.

On top of that, you mean to tell me that if a group of 5 friends and yourself went to a daylease and ONE guy in the group walked around when it was noted there is no moving from a stand, then you (who didn't have a single thing to do with it) should be banned from the ranch?

Now tell me how there is any logic involved in that? Oh wait..... there isn't!

Great post!

Comment

Did you, or anyone in your group talk to KEITH about your feelings?

Comment

I have no problem with the KJO report that was posted and I've hunted down there one time and had a great time. Wife and I had several opportunities and we did bring home some Axis deer back and lots of shots. But it was dry and still cool weather so the animals were moving well. I could see the hunting being tough down there with the thick cover if everything was greened up. Keith was a great guide and made us feel like family. I know I'd go back again in a heartbeat but I also know the shot opportunities may not be there if its wet and green, but that would be my choice. I went to Bar E ranch one time also and shot a hog. It was very green and wet. Animals weren't moving much so I had to go in after them and got a spot/stalk hog at 5yds. My buddy was complaining about not seeing much and wouldn't go back. I on the other hand know HF or LF you're still gonna have to put some time in and have a little luck to have successful kills consistently. I see too many "rookies" that think when you pay for a day hunt you automatically will kill something. When they don't, they bash the place. They are some places where the animals will come running to a bucket of corn, but after being shot at a few times they will become "wild" and "elusive" like any wild animals. I only hunt HF places just so I can relax, see different terrains, see different exotics that you don't see anywhere else, and hope I get lucky enough to kill something.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I've hunted with Keith and on the morning hunts he always asked what time did we want to get picked up. That being said, if I give a specific time I want to be picked up then thats when I want to be picked up. I dont know when the OP wanted to be picked up or if the conversatoin of when even came up, but if I were picked up 30 min, one hour, or even 15 minutes early I would be pretty perturbed. A lot can happen in 15 minutes and as hunters we all should know that.

I'm not trying to bash anyone and if I have come off as bashing somebody I apologize and please let me know if I was. There are a lot of people on here with different opinions and points of views. The beauty of living in a free country (for now anyways).

Comment

Working...
                                X