$150 ea.
    This is insane...!

COYOTES:

$FREE

FISHING:

$FREE

VARMINTS:

$FREE
    I always thought Yotes, Fox and Bobcats were varmints......?

MOUNTAIN LION:

$FREE BUT MOUNT

WILL STAY FOR LODGE
    This just sucks..... If I shoot a lion, Id be willing to pay for it and would want it for MYSELF.....!

Comment

Howdy Matt! GLad to see ya'll are doing well!

Todd

Comment

It is so hard to get an accurate Hunting Ranch recomendation for the following reasons:
        1. Some hunters bargain shop: Some hunters see no reason to pay extra for a larger animal, but it is more about the experience, the hunt, the kill, and of course the 'Swig'. These hunts are most generally 'All Inclusive'. You have the risk of leaving the ranch with not killing anything but still a good time. You also have a good chance with leaving with a nice animal at a really good price. Now for the prices these ranches offer hunts there is no way they can afford for everyone to kill trophy animals.
        2. Some hunters trophy hunt: These hunters generally are not as concerned with so much the price, but more what the quality of the animals that are available. These are No Kill No Pay Ranches, or 'Trophy Hunts'.

The only reason I go through these explanations as that I see time and time again where people/ranches get bad feedback and reviews due to the prices. Honestly if I have a chance to kill a 38in Axis for $2200... I'm in, and this is a fair price for this quality of animal. The flip side if it is $2200 for a 30in Axis.... I'm out.... I will then choose to go to the logical choices (KJO, Diamond C, Baker 3, Bug Scuffle, Big Oak, 3 Fingers, Quatro B... etc)(sorry if I left someone out). Cheaper Hunts are available, I would call the ranch in question (I know nothing about) and suggest asking what size are the animals. If the price is the decision maker, I would suggest one of the above ranchees...

Comment

quatro b is the place to go

Comment

It is always good when the operator/owner comes on and explains the situation.

I would suggest that instead of removing all the exotic information....just add a section that stated...While we pride ourselves on providing affordable hog hunting for working class people, we know that some hunters have the means and a desire to hunt the more expensive exotic species, we have a partner ranch were we would be happy to accomdate you. The prices are competitive with other similar ranches. Here is a list of what we have and the associated costs. We look forward to providing you with a quality hunting experience regardless of your budget.

Comment

I live bout 15 miles from this ranch and hunt nearby on Corp Land. Have known and worked with some of this family (Greg, Matt, William) for serveral years. Have not been there but I would recomend it due to knowing the family. They have been countrymen and hunters all their lives and know what others are wanting when they come out there. And also Condolences to William for his recent loss.

Comment

Last edited by Captain39; 10-09-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                  It is so hard to get an accurate Hunting Ranch recomendation for the following reasons:
                  1. Some hunters bargain shop: Some hunters see no reason to pay extra for a larger animal, but it is more about the experience, the hunt, the kill, and of course the 'Swig'. These hunts are most generally 'All Inclusive'. You have the risk of leaving the ranch with not killing anything but still a good time. You also have a good chance with leaving with a nice animal at a really good price. Now for the prices these ranches offer hunts there is no way they can afford for everyone to kill trophy animals.
                  2. Some hunters trophy hunt: These hunters generally are not as concerned with so much the price, but more what the quality of the animals that are available. These are No Kill No Pay Ranches, or 'Trophy Hunts'.

The only reason I go through these explanations as that I see time and time again where people/ranches get bad feedback and reviews due to the prices. Honestly if I have a chance to kill a 38in Axis for $2200... I'm in, and this is a fair price for this quality of animal. The flip side if it is $2200 for a 30in Axis.... I'm out.... I will then choose to go to the logical choices (KJO, Diamond C, Baker 3, Bug Scuffle, Big Oak, 3 Fingers, Quatro B... etc)(sorry if I left someone out). Cheaper Hunts are available, I would call the ranch in question (I know nothing about) and suggest asking what size are the animals. If the price is the decision maker, I would suggest one of the above ranchees...
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the above. I also would state there is another couple of groups too. Those that have a bad time but do not express it verbally on forums because they see everyone else saying great things.

Then there is a small but prevalent set of ranches/outfitters that are active on forums.....they say all the right things....tell you what you want to hear.....then don't deliver.....then go through the motions like they really care and want to make things right......then continue to repeat the cycle with no intentions to correct things or just are oblivious.

If lodging is included: Ask to see pictures of where you are staying. If you don't see pictures assume its a dump or even worse so you will not be disappointed.

If you are looking for trophy animals ask to see pictures. If you don't see pictures then assume there are not any.

If the outfitter states you will be the only person/group hunting and staying when you come. Get them to put it in writing that you will get a partial refund if otherwise. I can't tell you how many times I was told this only to have them put some other people in or double book. Then you spend your time getting shuffled around their other hunts. I think its routine practice to tell people this and when they get an offer they jump on it and make excuses when you show up. Things like telling you sorry they got your dates messed up or don't remember telling you that.

Ask if there are ranch rules and ask to see them ahead of time before booking. Some like to wait till you are there to spring rules on you.
                  If there is paperwork you are required to sign ask to see it before you book also. I love the 10 pages of papers with penalties and restrictions you get when you show up after driving there. Either sign or don't hunt.

Lastly don't just depend on one single forum for hunter reviews. You will usually get more of the story if you are reading several forums. Every forum has their favorites and you will not see much negative comments about those places there.

Its great places correct things after you have been there but if its been a hunt you have saved all year for and been looking forward to all year it still doesn't make it better for you..........the person that had the bad experience.

There are some real great places with real great people trying to bust their butts to provide great services and great experiences to hunters. Its nice to be able to continue rewarding those guys with business.

Comment

You could always try First Point. No exotics but, no kill fees. Whitetail, hog, javelina, quail.

Comment

Going there for my 3rd time.. first time I took 83 pound sow with my rifle... second time I ended up with a 198 pound boar with bow... between Matt and Sandy and the guides out there, you won't find a nicer group of people. It's reasonably priced and you will see hogs, and the exotics out there. Looking forward to making my way out there for many more hunts.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X