Big Oak Bowhunting Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Oak Bowhunting Trip

Last weekend I had the opportunity to once again visit Big Oak Bow Hunting with long time hunting buddies "Chunky", HB, and Eddie. This 250 acre high fenced hunting reserve in North East Texas is owned and operated by Marty Thomas, aka Buff. This is a premium day hunt facility that caters to day hunts with 5-star amenities.
    We arrived on Friday afternoon with a mild weekend ahead, although a little windy. The wind was a big factor Friday evening as it didn't drop below 15-20mph until right at dusk. The Sika filtered out of the woods, but darkness came too fast and no shots were taken. Saturday morning proved a different story for Chunky and I, as we both got a Sika Doe. Saturday evening hunt proved to be successful for Eddie when he took a big Red Deer Cow.
    Big Oak Bow hunting is a fantastic setup with ground blinds and tripods and tree stands at more feeder locations than you can possibly hunt in a weekend hunting trip. Sika, Fallow, Red Deer, Hogs, Axis, and Rams provide ample shooting opportunities whether your looking for trophies or looking to put some sausage in the freezer.
    If you have the opportunity to visit Big Oak Bow Hunting, don't pass it up. It's worth the trip!!
    Attached Files

Looks like a great time!

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

congrats on the freezer full of meat!

Comment

Glad y'all had a good time
            Hate I was not there

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That is a great place, congrats

Comment

Looks fun..

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Always a good time and lots of animals at Big Oak.

Comment

I'll have to check it out sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff52 View Post
                            Last weekend I had the opportunity to once again visit Big Oak Bow Hunting with long time hunting buddies "Chunky", HB, and Eddie. This 250 acre high fenced hunting reserve in North East Texas is owned and operated by Marty Thomas, aka Buff. This is a premium day hunt facility that caters to day hunts with 5-star amenities.
                            We arrived on Friday afternoon with a mild weekend ahead, although a little windy. The wind was a big factor Friday evening as it didn't drop below 15-20mph until right at dusk. The Sika filtered out of the woods, but darkness came too fast and no shots were taken. Saturday morning proved a different story for Chunky and I, as we both got a Sika Doe. Saturday evening hunt proved to be successful for Eddie when he took a big Red Deer Cow.
                            Big Oak Bow hunting is a fantastic setup with ground blinds and tripods and tree stands at more feeder locations than you can possibly hunt in a weekend hunting trip. Sika, Fallow, Red Deer, Hogs, Axis, and Rams provide ample shooting opportunities whether your looking for trophies or looking to put some sausage in the freezer.
                            If you have the opportunity to visit Big Oak Bow Hunting, don't pass it up. It's worth the trip!!
                            what will there hard horned axis herd look like

Comment

Working...
                            X