How long for contact back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long for contact back...

How long do you guys normally wait before you move on?

I have tried to to contact two different operations but have not heard back in four days. These are for a little higher end hunts and not package deals.

I have yet to hear back. How long do you guys wait before you move on and spend your money elsewhere?

As with any business. If they don't return calls promptly then they don't need or want the business

Comment

Originally posted by okiedoke View Post
      As with any business. If they don't return calls promptly then they don't need or want the business
      X2

Comment

I think it depends on the situation. A lot of these places are weekend only. If you sent an email Thursday afternoon they may have already checked for the day. Friday they are setting up/getting ready to hunt. Hunt the weekend and then head home. I'd at least give them until Monday afternoon. But it's your money, do as you please. I think most of these guys work pretty hard at what is usually a second job.

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
        How long do you guys normally wait before you move on?

I have tried to to contact two different operations but have not heard back in four days. These are for a little higher end hunts and not package deals.

I have yet to hear back. How long do you guys wait before you move on and spend your money elsewhere?

Comment

This is:

Mesquite Bowhunting
          and the
          Bar E

I almost heard back immediately from the Baker3, Foyt, Carta Valley, and others.

Comment

It took Bar E 3 days to get back to me after I called them.

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
              It took Bar E 3 days to get back to me after I called them.
              I'm still waitin on a call from the Bar E and that was from summer of 2009!

Call Carroll Porter or CP Wade and go shoot something nice this weekend!

Comment

Not 100% sure but thought I read on TBH somewhere that Gerald at Mesquite Bowhunting had surgery or something to that effect. Might be why no response.
                I have hunted there in the past and he always responded quickly.

Comment

I hunted Bar E a few years ago. I called and got the whole thing set up weeks in advance. I flew in, rented a car and headed their direction. I told them I would call the day of when I got close and she said great. When I called, she didnt even know I was coming. Thought it was the following week. I had paid a deposit but never received a confirmation email or anything. The payment never posted and I tried emailing them one more time before I left just to make sure but got no response. They ended up making it work but she sounded put out that I was on my way to their ranch that day.
                  Personally, Id look into the other places before Bar E, and I wont be goin back there

Comment

We went to Mesquite in October, that was a great place and a fun hunt. Don't give up on Gerald just yet. He may have had hunters over the weekend. He has a ton of animals out there and you won't be dissappointed.

Have you thought about KJO? Was just there this past weekend with some fellow TBHers and we had a blast. Saw lots of animals just none that would cooperate with us. Plust Keith is a great guy and works his tail off to get you what you paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by Apullin17 View Post
                      We went to Mesquite in October, that was a great place and a fun hunt. Don't give up on Gerald just yet. He may have had hunters over the weekend. He has a ton of animals out there and you won't be dissappointed.

Have you thought about KJO? Was just there this past weekend with some fellow TBHers and we had a blast. Saw lots of animals just none that would cooperate with us. Plust Keith is a great guy and works his tail off to get you what you paid for.
                      I have been there before...just its pretty far form me. I am flying into Del Rio on leave and some places are closer.

Plus, Gerald has something I want to shoot that others don't
                      Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 01-23-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I finally got a response..just not a very welcoming one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                          I finally got a response..just not a very welcoming one.
                          Good luck on getting on what you want

Comment

looking at bar e website they have the same animals that kjo has and gaurentee keith has them cheaper. with exception of oryx he has some at their stockyard but not sure how much he wants for them.

plus he generally texts me back within day or so. several other hunters can agree on this to.

was supposed to hunt bison there this month but had something come up and am hoping to go back in march with wife so she sees what the exotic part of my hunting is all about.
                            Last edited by NUTT89; 01-27-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I have been to Keiths before but its a far drive for me.

I will give him a call tomorrow though.

Comment

Working...
                              X