Guest Ranch Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest Ranch Review

We just got back from our weekend at the Guest Ranch in Strawn. My Christmas present from my wife was a day and night at the ranch with a ranch tour and a blackbuck doe hunt. I am happy to report that we had a great time and saw more animals of all kinds than I could have ever expected.

David and Diana Blessing were great hosts and David worked hard to get me a good shot at the blackbuck doe. I really wanted to try and get one with my bow, but with the limited time we had and the wind, the does we're pretty jumpy and they were almost constantly one the move. However, a couple of bucks passed close enough to me for a bow shot. I wil go after a buck next time. I was able to get my doe late Saturday evening with my .280.

I am looking forward to going back again soon.
    Attached Files

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

David & Diana are good people ...

My brother & sister in law...

They got some good critters out there. They are trying to thin the elk herd out and offering some cow elk for $500 right now...

Comment

Congrats, sounds like a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
            David & Diana are good people ...

My brother & sister in law...

They got some good critters out there. They are trying to thin the elk herd out and offering some cow elk for $500 right now...
            Damon,
            My wife works with Diana's mother at Kimberly Clark. I am taking my boys back in March to get another blackbuck doe and a fallow doe.

Comment

How does BB doe compare in taste to other species?

Comment

congrats

Comment

Originally posted by PlastikBulletz View Post
                  How does BB doe compare in taste to other species?
                  Not gamey at all. Almost like a very lean beef fillet. What I have cooked on the grill has come out very tender and what I cooked in the crock pot came out fall apart tender.

Comment

Working...
                  X