Baker3...March or June bowhunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker3...March or June bowhunt?

I am ready to book my hunt but have never been here. Out of which should I go for. I have to work out leave now and am stuck on which to choose.

I would like to hear the opinions of those who have been on which they would choose.

I already did a search, kind of.

Great place, great people, lots of axis...June is best for axis.

Comment

I already have an axis on the wall and really want a blackbuck.

That is the only reason why I am considering the March hunt. Just wanted to hear from folks who have been.

Comment

The June hunt is HOT. It will draw animals to the ponds though.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          The June hunt is HOT. It will draw animals to the ponds though.
          I'd like to think if I survived a pronghorn hunt in a blind I can survive anything

I had thought about that and actually like the idea of hunting water. Would really help in patterning them.

Comment

Yeah but they avoid pop ups like a man avoiding a lawn mower during a Cowboys playoff game. Find some trails around a water hole, take a short tripod and set up in whatever canopy is available. Be portable and flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Yeah but they avoid pop ups like a man avoiding a lawn mower during a Cowboys playoff game. Find some trails around a water hole, take a short tripod and set up in whatever canopy is available. Be portable and flexible.
              Sounds like a man with some experience

I am planing on taking two tripods....

I also have some hanging feeders I was going to call and ask if I can bring. I have installed feeders and hunted them that day with sucess but not sure how the axis or BB there will react to it?

Comment

Take some alfalfa pellets too. They can smell it a long way. The WT does will be all over corn like a fat kid on a chocolate bar in a candy store.

Comment

I have taken several animals off this ranch and water is surely the key in June. I personally like cutting in cedar blinds and in June the whitetail are starving and putting anything out will be demolished by whitetails in just hours. I suggest no FEED for blackbucks because they will stay clear of axis and whitetail generally. The blackbuck heard is small and is hard to hunt... Good Luck

Comment

Planning on taking the wife there in March.

Comment

Man, I was really hoping for a blackbuck

Comment

It seems like I will be doing the June hunt due to my wife's odds at drawing a muley tag in October and my March work obligations.

I will only shoot a axis buck that puts the one I have on the wall to shame. It should be the rut, hence more bucks, right?

Anybody else going in June?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                          X