Guest Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest Ranch

Looking for some feedback on the Guest Ranch in Strawn. Has anyone on the GS been there?

Never been there but drive by it all the time on the way to our ranch. See lots of wildlife by the road...elk, goats, axis, few other exotics...looks like they are all segregated. I've got my opinions on hf hunting...but that aside...they've definitely got variety.

Comment

Originally posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
      Never been there but drive by it all the time on the way to our ranch. See lots of wildlife by the road...elk, goats, axis, few other exotics...looks like they are all segregated. I've got my opinions on hf hunting...but that aside...they've definitely got variety.
      Never done a high fence hunt, and never planned to, but I have an opportunity that I really can't pass up.

Comment

Ttt... Has anyone been to this place?

Comment

Been on low fence hunts and spent plenty of hard earned cash to sit in the stand and watch birds or some animals that never came into range. The high fences may not be guaranteed but at least you have a real chance. You can be a hater or you can eat a delicious fallow roast for Christmas dinner.

Comment

TTT... Any other feedback on this place?

Comment

I have been on it varmint hunting, been a few years. Lots of game around. Seems like it would be a good experience.

Comment

good times

Comment

I spent the weekend there and had a great time. The guides (a husband and wife tteam) were great. There were 3 hunters and we took 3 Auodad ewes and 2 Black Buck does. We have already scheduled another hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by GregH View Post
                    Never done a high fence hunt, and never planned to, but I have an opportunity that I really can't pass up.
                    Assuming you are talking about an exotic hunt...Not real sure how the high fence plays in to that. I understand people that have their opions about hunting white-tail behind a high fence but not exotics.

Comment

Originally posted by TCN View Post
                      I spent the weekend there and had a great time. The guides (a husband and wife tteam) were great. There were 3 hunters and we took 3 Auodad ewes and 2 Black Buck does. We have already scheduled another hunt.
                      Great to hear! We are going there this weekend! If David was your guide, his mother-in-law works with my wife and she's the one that told my wife we should go. Can't wait until Saturday!

Comment

Have a good time and bring back some pics of dead animals.

Comment

Working...
                        X