awesome weekend at texana ranch with insight hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome weekend at texana ranch with insight hunting

So 3 of us went down to Kerville this weekend for an exotic hunt on Texana Ranch with Michael, Eric and Clint of insight hunting.. I can not say enough good things about our experience or our guides.. We stayed at the hunting lodge on the ranch and it was beautiful.. Sat on top of a hill with great views.. Had all the perks. wifi.. satelite.. 3 bedrooms 2 full baths, stone fireplace, huge back patio with firepit.. We went down on friday and arrived about 12:30.. I got a good feeling talking to michael on the phone but I really felt better when he met up with us in kerrvile in his deputy uniform.. (All 3 of the guys were kerr county sherrifs dept). when we arrived they had everything ready for us and we went to meet the ranch forman Paul and his wife and little boy (Couldnt have been nicer). Then we went to stand about 4:00.. They were very well set up with both rifle and bow blinds. Shane and I went bow (cshanep on the green screen) and our other buddy who doesnt bow hunt went rifle.. By the end of the sit we had already bagged 4 white tail doe.. Over the duration of the weekend we shot 2 dybousky syka and 1 blackbuck antelope.. And had a blast!!! We spent the majority of our time with Eric as our guide and this dude was on the ball.. but more importantly he was like one of our buds!! we liked having him around.. It was supposed to be a meat hunt for a few white tail but after them cutting us great deals on other animals we ended up having to go to walmart to buy 2 more coolers! Then we had to fight Eric to take our tip!!! best experience ever!! Call these guys!! We are very happy!! Just so you know.. it is high fence mld property but its a very large ranch and not a can Hunt.. they have the ranch sectioned off into 2 sections that they alternate the hunting pressure.. The white tail we shot were does and were taken on mld permits.. They have a huge amount of game and the quality is excellent.. But more importantly its about the people.. I usually dont go out of my way to brag on people for doing there job right (there supposed to do that, right?) but all three of these guys went above and beyond as far as I am concerned and provided me the best hunting experience I have had to date
    (and there werent even horns involved!!!) Another thing that was amazing to me (having never hunted in the hill country) was the way you just see crazy exotics running around on low fence property. We saw blackbuck and axis standing on the schools football field.. craziest thing I have ever seen!! Anyways.. that was my experience and I really suggest you call these guys if you are looking to book a hunt in the near future..

info@insighthunting.com Michaels email
    piper@insighthunting.com Erics email

That sounds like a wonderful place.

Comment

it was, but more importantly wonderful peeps..

Comment

having trouble posting pics.. hmm

Comment

Working...
        X