Matt Family Orchard... Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Family Orchard... Opinions?

Has anyone hunted here? The rates seem reasonable by their site, and I'm looking for a place I can hunt frequently due to proximity. This place is just a hop skip and jump from where I currently live.

Pork or Venison, either one is tasty to me

For 150 a day I would not hunt there. I live pretty close and know some guys that hunt next door and dont see that many hogs?????

Comment

I have been there and didn't see a thing but birds

Comment

Did you hunt at night?

Comment

Nothing but good things to say about Rick as he showed me all over the place and was very friendly to my daughter for her first bow hunt with me. I hunted the place this last year for a day with my daughter and did not see anything and I hunted all day. The weather got hot so I didnt hunt the second day. I did see lots of sign under the feeders he had setup, just seems that the animails hog and deer are only comming at night. Also the stands are wide open with very little cover.

He has some ponds that I would guess would be good spots if he has stands already sestup or will let you set one up on one.

If intrested give him a call and ask him how things are looking as he seems to be an honest guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntjunkie View Post
            Did you hunt at night?
            That is the ticket at this place. Plan on sitting all night if need be, but at some point the hogs WILL be there. I have seen a few deer there, but would not bank on a deer at his place.

Comment

Perfect place to hunt birds!! Or Mosquitos!!

The latest section of houses that went in nearby really shut that place down!

Comment

take a thermal cell if you go been there 3 time first time killed a hog second time killed a hog third time didnt see anything but that was 2 years ago

Comment

Working...
                X