Boazman updates??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boazman updates??

Me and a couple of buddies are going to Boazman the second weekend of Sept and looking for any updated feedback or anyone who has been there recently. Everything I could find was outdated? Thanks

Cody

Hey cody --
    Was there this month for a couple sets of hunters. Everyone had a good time. I was impressed to see hogs moving in the MORNING !???!
    - I have never had them move so much in the past, just flipped me out. With the drout and all, the only thing I can figure,... is they are still very hungry even after moving all night and willing to stay up into the morning when the corn gets put down on the senderos.
    - Here is the latest vid from this month :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPEtcCPzitM"]‪Audad and Ram hunt - Quatro B July 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm after a ram, how was the population when u were there?

Comment

We went in april this yr and it was very iffy.Ricky and his bro are good people but the hunting wasnt all that great.We saw a total of 6 rams 1 was killed and 4were a group of Mouflan type and were very kiddish.Dont know how it will be this year cause of the drought but we also went last year in sept and there were acorns EVERYWHERE.Animals were not moving at all.My suggestion is to sit in one stand and not bounce around from place to place.And if you are gonna stalk go in groups of 3 and use a v pattern.There are a lot of hogs in there but they like to lay up and will **** near let you walk on top of them.Tell Ricky and Stephen i said hi and the BlackBuck Backstrap was awesome!Good luck and let us know how it goes.Any more questions feel free to Pm me for my NUmber

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Heck ya,... there are tons of oak out there, so when they thrown down acorns in mass, loads of food is there for all the critters. Much harder to get the animals to come out of the brush when they have food falling on their head.
            At this time of year, there are no acrons to be found. With the drout in full swing natural food forage is limited as with minimul rain, the normal abundance of forage is reduced. This is why I believe the animals are responding very well to the corned senderos - just not awhole lot of forage out there as in past years with decent rain.
            When I made that video - other than the rams shot I saw 4 muflons (nothing HUGE-but okay), 2 black rams, 5 corsicans, and a couple mixes I'm not even sure what they were.
            Last month a large group came and layed the smackdown, greatly reducing the rams there. Time to restock in my opinion. I like to see a good 20-30rams for decent variety.

Comment

Nice video. Congrats to all the hunters!

Comment

I will never go back to the place. Been there twice and neither time did anyone kill what they were looking for and both times out of 6 hunters we killed one pig and one ram. Some other stuff went down that was complete BS. If you want details PM me. This ranch makes you pay up front because they would NEVER make money if they made you pay only if you killed an animal.

Comment

Originally posted by HeloMed1 View Post
                  I will never go back to the place. Been there twice and neither time did anyone kill what they were looking for and both times out of 6 hunters we killed one pig and one ram. Some other stuff went down that was complete BS. If you want details PM me. This ranch makes you pay up front because they would NEVER make money if they made you pay only if you killed an animal.
                  This

Comment

This ------???

Comment

Hate to do this, but I've been once with a hunting buddy and won't go back. Not gonna get in a back and forth on this, but if you want to know why, PM me as well.

Comment

This ------???

Comment

If you want answers to the ----???, just pm me. Don't want to be burned in effigy here.

Comment

Originally posted by sroswat View Post
                            This ------???
                            I had the same or worse experience.

Comment

Sounds like a place I will stay away from. I have been tempted to try it out, but I have heard too many negative things about this place. I understand a couple here and there, but literally atleast half if not more of the reports I read are not positive.

Comment

Working...
                              X